“Excellent food and service!”

Agave Mexican Grill
Ranked #47 of 160 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Beaufort for our first time and went to Agave despite some of the negative reviews we read about this relatively New Mexican restaurant. We were seated quickly and our waiter came to greet us within a minute. The food was some of the best Mexican food I've ever eaten. I had the pork fajitas and my wife had the Pollo Crema... Both were excellent! The waiter was attentive and quickly recognized that there was something on my plate that I didn't order. He corrected the error within a minute and we had a fantastic dinner. We would definitely return.

• Visited August 2013

Port Royal, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I'm not a mexican fanatic but this place is simply amazing! My first visit was with my neighbor who recommended the place and at first I was skeptical but MAN was I in in for a treat! I have had the fish tacos-Delish!!, Agave nachos-Amazing!! and once me and my husband split the huge molcajete....which is very good as well! I will definitely be back and my opinion for mexican food has changed. I love me some mexican food and i love me some agave!

1 Thank Jackie R
Beaufort, South Carolina
“first time better than 2nd”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The first time that I came was with a group and food was quite good. I tasted everyone's dishes and there were some very good ones. Service was slow but it was worth the wait.

Returned last night with another couple. We left disappointed. Fajitas were very good. Combo plate was just so so. I ordered beef and it was extremely tough and dry. They took it back and it was better but not great. We were overcharged for drinks. We were quoted a price, but it was different on the bill. They said it was because we were quoted happy hour prices but because it was a couple of minutes after 7 when the order was placed, we were charged a different price. It was adjusted. I might give it one more try.

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Two Strikes and they are out”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I've tried this new Mexican Restaurant twice and both times the food was bland and cold.
The service was slow and on both visits the tables next to us had foreign "things" in their food
that I heard them complain about. There are several Mexican food restaurants in Beaufort, and
none of them is particularly good. However, Agave is at the bottom of my list.

Abingdon, Virginia
“Absolutely delicious”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Not sure what we ordered because we are new to Mexican fare, but we cleaned our plates! Anxious to try other dishes now. We had an accident, spilling our drink, and immediately the waiters helped clean it up and insisted on replacing both the drink AND lunch plate at no cost.
Fast and excellent service.
Highly recommend!