“Decent burger joint” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fat Patties

Fat Patties
Ranked #19 of 160 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fat Patties is a Hand Crafted American Burger Joint. We offer our creative burger concoctions with the option of 5 different patties: Grass Feed Beef, ½ n 1/2(Ground Beef and Ground Bacon), Wild American Shrimp, Turkey, or a Vegetarian Black Bean Pattie served on our homemade buttery buns. Our Brats are simmered in American Ale and topped with the same extravagant toppings as our Burgers. We also make our own Ice Cream with unique flavors like Bacon Maple, White Chocolate Cayenne as well as traditional flavors. We can’t wait for you to try it!
AUSTIN
“Decent burger joint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

There are better burger joints out there and there are many that are much worse. Trying to eat healthy, I'm not into burgers so I'm certainly not an authority. The pulled pork would have made a good burger before they put the beef patty on it so it was huge and the bacon was a nice touch. The triple chocolate shake was darned good but wish it was bigger. Service was great. The big bay doors open in nice weather for semi-outdoor seating. All in all, it's worth a visit.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AdvTravelR

New Jersey
“Amazing Beer and Burger Sports Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Over 20 craft beers on tap and none of that shocktop crap. All the beers are American and the bartenders are quick to give you samples. We had the over easy burger which had an egg on it - truly one of the best burgers I've ever had. Portions are good and you must save room for the homemade ice cream. Staff goes out of the way to please. I can hardly wait to come back.

1 Thank Mykeeboy
NC
“Interesting concept”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Create your own burger with a selection of breads and fillings. Good service, excellent selection of beer. The shrimp burger was very good.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pcollinsnc
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

My Wife, Mother, and Sister came here 11/26/13, we had lunch. I got a Brat that had pimento cheese on it and it was great. The fries are awesome. My Wife got a Cheddar/Bacon Burger and loved it. The Spicy Ketchup is delicious. My Mom and Sister got Caesar Salads and loved them. We will return.

“SO great... Definitely go here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I dined here twice while in town for USMC graduation (new Marines eat free after graduation). The restaurant was open with a really nice breeze blowing through. It was great for a wide variety of people including my 18 month old, people clearly having a business meeting and even a couple with their dog on the outdoor patio.
Start off with siracha honey wings or the deviled shrimp. Both are delicious. They also have a great beer selection with a wide variety of craft beers.
Fat Patties has five different types of burgers - beef, beef and bacon, turkey, shrimp and black bean. You can make your own burger or choose one of their signatures burgers. I tried the beef and bacon "Over Easy" burger which features a fried egg, caramelized onion, mushrooms and a garlic aioli. It was AMAZING!!! I would highly recommend this. I also tried the Thai shrimp burger which was not as good, but pretty amazing!! Others tried various burgers (loved them) and also the shrimp tacos (not so much). They also have brats and salads but we didn't try those.
The only negative thing I would say about Fat Patties is that we weren't crazy about the milkshakes. They weren't terrible and they were a good size but it was not anywhere near as good as the burgers. They also have their own homemade ice cream but we did not try it so I cannot tell you about it.
Fat Patties is a definite go to place if you're in Beaufort (or anyplace nearby!)

1 Thank Michellep1123