“fat patties” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fat Patties

Fat Patties
Ranked #19 of 160 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fat Patties is a Hand Crafted American Burger Joint. We offer our creative burger concoctions with the option of 5 different patties: Grass Feed Beef, ½ n 1/2(Ground Beef and Ground Bacon), Wild American Shrimp, Turkey, or a Vegetarian Black Bean Pattie served on our homemade buttery buns. Our Brats are simmered in American Ale and topped with the same extravagant toppings as our Burgers. We also make our own Ice Cream with unique flavors like Bacon Maple, White Chocolate Cayenne as well as traditional flavors. We can’t wait for you to try it!
“fat patties”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

humanely raised meats, bean burgers (w/ avocado, jalapeños and goat cheese) thin fries w/ sea salt and rosemary, good beers in a cool atmosphere.

Visited October 2012

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Interesting Concept and worth a few visits to try ALL the options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

The menu is really unique - burgers made of beef, 1/2 bacon, turkey, black bean, or shrimp. Then brats . All kinds of GREAT topings pre-offered OR build your own. I had a beef "Fuhgetaboutitburger" with marinara &, mozzerella & basil mayo and it was delicious!! My husband had the "Verde" - jalf bacon/half beef w/ guacamole, jalapeno, and goat cheese,hold the jalapeno. and he said it was amazing. both came w/ really tastey rosemary fries. We sat at the bar and had great service. Amazing assortment (I think 16) beers on tap, plus full bar. They also offer homemade icecream, but we were too full to try it this time.

It was a long time in the building process, and the design was well worth the wait. Very cool atmosphere and if the weather is just right, as it was last night, the large glass doors open all the way on both sides to let in the cool evening breez. The downside for a non-smoker is that the cigarette smoke also drifts in.

• Visited October 2012
Bequia
“Just Plain Bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a bad experience. The hamburger, ordered medium rare, came out so overcooked it was DRY. The menu said Brats and Sausages, but there were no brats on the menu. The Italian sausage was but half a link, dry and flavorless, filled only half of the bun and was rubbery. The fries were covered with salt and inedible. Just avoid this place.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I live in Beaufort and there really aren't any good burger-only places in town (no 5 Guys or B&D like nearby Savannah). We were skeptical of how this place would turn out but it was great! Our waiter was very nice, extremely knowledgeable about the food and beer selection, and seemed really enthusiastic about the food and his work in general. They offer bean burgers, turkey burgers, half bacon/beef burgers, full beef burgers, and a few others. You can choose your meat and some pre-designated toppings or create your own custom burger. I don't recall the name of what I ordered, but it was half bacon/beef with blue cheese and carmelized onions. It was fantastic! My husband really liked their spiced ketchup, too. As a few others have said, the parking was limited and tight but for me that was the only down side. Definitely worth the money in my opinon. We will be back!

• Visited September 2012
Hampton, Virginia
“New Burger Joint”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We went a few weeks after they opened. I got a half beef/half bacon buger with goat cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. We also ordered fries and a soda. The bill came to right at 30 dollars. When the fries came we thought it was a joke. They gave me 14 fries and my husband 19 fries...for 15 bucks for burger/fries and coke a piece, I woulda though there would be a lot of fries or at least an exceptional burger. On the whole it was fine...but it was nothing spectacular. Parking is very limited, so go early or late, but if you go at the regular lunch time or dinner time, you'll have a hard time parking. The highest note for me was the service. It was exceptional.

• Visited August 2012