“Major let down!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Two Suns Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 5 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 18, 2005

Too bad we didn't read previous reviews before going, as it was right on the money. Food that was presented as "gourmet", was a toaster waffle with berries and ready-whip and then a poached egg on half an English muffin, coffee (tea) and orange juice. Second morning--croissant with something in center and dab of ready-whip and fluffy scrambled egg with half a cold ready made biscuit. We stayed on the third floor sky-light room with a small bath and only a shower. The rattan headboards had paperback books leveling them, as the floor slanted. The previous reviewer was correct that the furniture was not all that great, as a matter of fact, cheap, cheap, cheap is what comes to mind. The linens were of poor quality and not "fresh" smelling. ICK!! The porch, which looks in pictures as if it is directly on the bay, is actually on the busiest street in town. Besides all of the above, the host Henri, who was somewhat friendly, did not make me feel welcome. The hostess, Patricia, seemed more bothered by the guests than anything else. I certainly won't be returning to this inn, but will only recommend that you do not go!!

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 28, 2005

We spent our 20th anniversary here. We've never stayed here before, but found it to be a very pleasant surprise (we stayed in the skylight room which has a great view especially if you enjoy looking at the stars at night). The hosts were very nice and gave us good advice on area restaurants. Great view of the bay from the porch. We will probably plan on staying here again.

J.B.
Salisbury, N.C.

• Stayed: April 2005
1  Thank James B
Charleston, SC
Reviewed March 19, 2005

Due to reading a couple of negative comments I had reservations about booking a room. I am so glad I did. I stayed in the library, a lovely room on the 1st floor. The hosts were helpful and friendly and breakfast was great. What more could you ask for from a B&B. If I am in Beaufort again, you will find me on two suns verandah.

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney. Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2005

We have just spent 3 days at the Twosuns Inn Bed & Breakfasst and found it to live up to the recommentation of friends who had stayed there last year. The hosts were as charming and helpful as we expected. The breakfasts were among the finest we had in previous memorable B & B's.
Our room was most attractive and spotlessly clean. All in all we had a marvellous stay and felt like we were being treated like family without being over fussed.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2005

My husband and I stayed here on our anniversary. It was an impromtu trip on New Year's Eve. We were happily surprised to find a room available - little did we know. The room was probably once nice - in the 70's. .It was not filled with very high quality furniture. The rooms definitely needed updated. Our room was also "special" since it had an enclosed porch. The porch furniture was plastic lawn furniture. We could look into the bathroom of the room next to ours. We asked our host if there was a restaurant he could suggest. He said that there were plenty but he wished us luck on getting into anything that night. That was as far as his help went. Luckily, we had no problem getting in to a restaurant. Since it was our anniversary (which I had mentioned when I made the reservations), I thought that the hosts would wish us well. They never even mentioned it. We noticed that the inn must have been owned and run by another couple before our current hosts purchased it. It was so tacky that they still had all of the literature with the former hosts pictures on it in the rooms. I know that they must have purchased it from them several years ago - giving them plenty of time to redo the literature. Our gourmet breakfast was lacking in gourmet and quality. Basically, the inn is a joke and the hosts who are laughing all the way to the bank.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 18, 2004

If you want a b and b with a great location and lovely views, this is a great place to stay. The breakfast was also very good.
Although our room was pretty, the bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were some of the worst we have experienced. The bathroom towels were wearing thin. Nothing sumptuous here.
Our hosts were polite but not particularly friendly.
We had thought that there would be evening libations, but none were served.
For a little more money, I would stay at the Beaufort Inn, where we had a great dinner and experienced wonderful southern hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank maretrek
St Louis, MO
Reviewed May 24, 2004

What hosts! What food! Friends recommended that my wife and I stay at the Two Suns Inn for our 20th wedding anniversary and we couldn't have had a better time. We stayed in the Skylight room which was spacious, well appointed and private. Our hosts, Henri and Patricia gave us champagne toast in honor of our anniversary. Henri creates sumptious gourmet breakfasts and even served us earlier than the regular breakfast service when we had planned a day trip to Charleston. God willing we will spend many anniversaries at Two Suns.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member