“Mixed feelings”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Two Suns Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 5 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a 2 night stay here, whilst the room was lovely (Savannah) with the added bonus of a balcony, which is shared with the room next door, the breakfasts were not to our taste. It was a case of take it or leave it. Tea and sherry were never offered.
The views are very much restricted by the trees over the road, but at least you are not looking at another building.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Two Suns Inn Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a wonderful three night stay at this B&B. Our room was perfect and clean. The Inn is gorgeous with a great view of the waterfront. The innkeepers are delightful and casual.... we enjoyed time to talk with them about their life journey. Our breakfasts were delicious. I have no reservation about returning to this inn or recommending it to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stephanie T
Reviewed November 24, 2012

if you want a b&b with gardens and fountains..brick patios etc....two suns is not a foo-foo type....what it IS::::::!!!! immaculately clean..beautifully and comfortably decorated.. sunrise scenes from the large front porch... view waters and boats sailing...a personally prepared breakfast in a well appointed breakfast area with water views...and a creative caring chef....every request met....advice for sights to see....beds wonderfully comfy....you will not be disappointed.....This is not a corporation type run b&b...it is very personal with owners and cleaning gal....a breath of fresh air.....in-joy and ENJOY???????????????????? xo Dorothy Bishop of Aiken, SC

Room Tip: I enjoyed the only bedroom on the first floor and was delighted....no experience with others up stai...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Worst phone manners for a B&B, EVER!!!!!

When calling to inquire about accomodations for my family, I was so rudely treated by the host. I had spent a good deal of time on their website and I never saw where their policy is to not allow children under 12. I don't have a problem with this policy, I deal with it all the time when traveling; it was the unbelievably abrupt and unkind way of treating me that left me upset. I felt as if I was asking to bring a gang of convicted felons; she actually interrupted me mid-sentence; told me my young children weren't welcome; and then couldn't tell me where on the website this policy is located. She never offered any alternate lodgings where we may be welcome and basically told me it had been their policy for 20 years and hung up on me. Not quite the Southern Hospitality that I have come to enjoy when travelling in the South.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Kathi C
Reviewed August 8, 2012

When I arrived there was no one around to check me in. I called out "hello" several times and finally went outside where I had seen a man working in the yard. He turned out to be the host and although he had seen me go in, he hadn't made any effort to acknowledge my arrival. He showed me to my room and said nothing about the complimentary wine - which I was looking forward to after a long drive. I had no idea how to get back in touch with them to tell them that there was a dirty towel hanging in my bathroom. There were 3 of us (I paid an extra $30/night for the 3rd person) and we never had more than two bath towels - and they were pretty worn. The breakfast was OK, but nothing special compared to other B&B's I've visited. When I checked out I had to ring the bell 3 times over the course of 15 minutes before the hostess emerged from their private section and that was only after the maid went in to get her for me. I heard her tell the maid that she had heard the bell and I wondered why she didn't come out or acknowledge me in any way. I was not happy when I left.

Room Tip: The pink room with the extra bed is not on par with the rest of the inn. If you want to partake the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela R
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had the "skylight" room which is basically the attic. The air was not on when we arrived so it was quite warm (May). We left to visit the area and the room was very well cooled when we returned. I did expect more from the breakfast and the hosts are not overly social. Not that I minded but there was another couple there who requested the complimentary wine who were turned away for having too many. We were on the porch with them the afternoon and not sure why they were denied when that is advertised on their website. Not the best B&B I've ever stayed in, the view from the front porch is incredible and the breezes wonderful.

Room Tip: Don't get the "skylight" room if you want a view from your room. Otherwise the view fr...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle K
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend at Two Suns and thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Henri and Patricia were so very accommodating. I drink Diet Coke at breakfast and Henri was so happy to accommodate me. We decided to have an impromptu lunch on the porch with items we had bought at the farmer's market. Henri and Patricia were so gracious and provided us plates, napkins and silverware. They were a joy to talk to and were very forthcoming about their lives, especially with their travels and past careers. It was a real joy to spend time with them and I feel like we developed a relationship that will bring us back to Two Suns. The house is beautifully furnished and clean, the breakfasts were somewhat unusual, yet very palatable, and the B&B was full both nights were there with both first-timers like us and returning vacationers.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends