“Great Stay!!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

The great things about this hotel is the friendly staff, the hotel is clean on the inside and outside, Parking, the room was spacious, the bed is comfortable, bathroom was big, the room had a pleasant order, checkout is at 12pm, and they have hot and cold breakfast items. I will return.

• Stayed: May 2014
Ron T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Mrs San, "Thank You" so much for your kind words with regards to the Staff and the Hotel. It's Guest like you who ensure the hard work the Staff provides each and everyday is truly appreciated as they thrive to provide the Utmost in Guest Satisfaction.

The detail they deliver to provide clean rooms, a balance at Breakfast and sharing our Southern charm are what separates us from others. You can always count on the friendliest of staff and clean, comfortable rooms.

When future travel takes you make to "Beautiful Beaufort by the Bay" we hope you allow for us to serve you once again!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

From the moment I stepped foot inside the dated lobby I knew this was not like the other country inns I've stayed at, the lobby and decor of the hotel was dated. It only got worse once I got to the room itself!

Stained chairs, stained sheets, moldy vents, spots all over the walls, dirty rugs and bugs behind the nightstand.

I had been driving for 12 hours straight and still couldn't bring myself to sleep in that room. I have no idea how this hotel received a 3.5/5.

When I preceded to tell the hotel staff about the state of the room and request a refund they acted in complete shock! Which is strange because they have to know the condition of their rooms.

I did receive the last room available for the night so it's possible that I stayed in the worst room which they otherwise might not sell.

The only positive was that I did receive a timely refund.

• Stayed: April 2014
Ron T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

I apologize that your stay was not what you expected as we are in the process of doing a complete renovation to the Property. Our scores are accurate as you wrote as we do provide clean rooms and a wonderful staff that is listed by many a Guest. We know after renovations are completed with the staff in place we can truly provide an amazing Guest experience.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed on a quick overnight trip to Beaufort recently. One of the few "decent" hotels (not a motel) open for the night as there was a USMC graduation the same weekend.

For the money hotel was ok. Nothing bad, nothing great. Entry was clean, and front desk staff was pleasant. Room itself was clean, but bathroom seemed dated and not spotless...possible mold or yellowing in quite a few places. Alarm clock also did not work.

Hotel does have an indoor pool. Breakfast provided in the morning. Very crowded with limited seating. Slim selections, but did have enough to at least start the day.

Overall, just ok. Would look for something more up to date and bit cleaner in this price range first, but would not be against staying here again if needed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyFourPack
Ron T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Truly appreciate your feedback on the Country Inn and Suites, Beaufort, SC. With renovations started we will address the issues presented as we knew taking over the Property of the challenges we faced and the focus to complete to best serve all our Guest.

I thank you for your kind comments with regards to the staff as they thrive to provide the utmost in Guest Service.

I hope when future travels plans have you visiting Beaufort, SC you allow for us to serve you once again and see the renovations taking place to better serve you, our Guest.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

If you need a cheap place to stay this hotel will do the trick, however its definitely not a bargain or anything to write home about. As noted by other reviewers, rooms are dated and the bathroom (least ours) could use a more thorough cleaning. Heated pool was still chilly, it might of been heated a bit but definitely not as warm as most heated pools I have swam in. Breakfast was average, had typical free breakfast basic items (e.g. waffle machine). Given all the 2-3 star hotel choices in Beaufort, I could choose a different one if available in same price range.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SportsFan2007
Ron T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

We truly Thank You for writing a review on the Country Inn and Suites, Beaufort. We have started long awaited renovations to the Property as the issues you stated will and shall be corrected. We knew when taking over the Property in September 2013 that we had challenges with the Hotel and that these challenges have driven us to provide a better Hotel for all our Guests. Our strong Staff that cares and provides the Utmost In Guest Service is the foundation we have built on and will continue to better serve our Guests in the future.

We hope that future travel plans to Beaufort, SC allow for us to serve you once again.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We came by this hotel a number of years ago. We like the Beaufort area and return regularly and this is our hotel of choice. The reception area is neat and clean, the front desk staff is most accommodating, and the breakfast staff are very helpful. The rooms are neat and clean, and yes as an earlier reviewer stated, they could be updated. We have been here when the hotel is booked to capacity for PI Graduations, and during off peak capacity. We never felt rushed, or if anything was a bother. We will return to Beaufort in May, and again we will stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank You so much for a wonderful review with regards to the Country Inn and Suites, Beaufort. It is truly refreshing to read the positives from your stay as the Staff believes in providing the Utmost is Guest Satisfaction. As the Hotel begins it's renovations we understand the foundation is that of the Staff as they care for all our Guests. We know once the Property is completely renovated we will be able to provide in all aspects of Hospitality.

We look forward to your return to the Hotel and wait on delivering the service you deserve!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed this past Saturday 4/12/14. One of the main reasons we chose this hotel was it had a complimentary hot breakfast served until 10:30 am.
When we went downstairs on Sunday morning at around 10;10 am there hot breakfast was completely gone I advised the person in charge that it was empty and she replied that they had ran out of food....
When i went to the front desk there was no manager on duty until Monday...( So whos in charge...)
I then had to go and buy breakfast elsewhere.
I left my name at the front desk for the Guest service manager Mr. Quentin Williams and never heard from him..
I called him today 2 days after my stay and got to speak with him.. His reply was he cant do anything about it because the breakfast is complimentary.That was not what I wanted to hear... If you have breakfast until 10:30 am the you make sure you dont run out.. ..And if you run out and have an upset guest that takes the time to call and soeak with you then you should at least compensate them with the cost of breakfast elsewere. Mr. Williams should not be the Guest Service manager ... he needs to satisfy his customers always...
In todays world with all the competition you need to make sure all your guest are happy at all cost.. . I hope the owner or upper management of this hotel see this review.

Roy Valdes ..

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RJVMSO
Ron T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

I am truly sorry for the review you needed to write as our Guest scores have been very supportive as the staff truly goes above and beyond to provide the Utmost In Guest Satisfaction. As with any story their are truly two sides. Breakfast was indeed closed as indicated, 10:30AM. Even so Ashleigh and Shawtavia responded to the Guests needs at 10:37AM when Guest arrived for Breakfast by offering Breakfast and asking if they can prepare any items for the Guest?! With 73 Rooms sold we had the only one issue presented and worked to correct such issue with the Guest.

Again, as reviews are written Quentin and the entire staff are always getting positive responses from our Guests. We know our main focus is to take care of the Guests as we believe in our commitment for our Company, Carlson and Guest.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I ended up at this hotel at the last minute for a PI graduation. In general, I recommend it. The rooms are dated and the mattresses need a refresh. It's clean. The breakfast service is nice. Best thing about the hotel is the staff. The front desk and breakfast staff are so friendly; they lived up to the stereotype of Southern hospitality. While this hotel would not be my first choice (due to needing a facelift) it's fast from the last. Great location for PI.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Robin R
Ron T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. I appreciate your comments about our property and staff. I will share your compliments with our staff during our next staff meeting. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do hope to have you as our guest in the future.