“Far Below Average”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Austell, Georgia, United States
“Far Below Average”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My recent stay at Country Inn and Suites was very disappointing. This is the worst Country Inn and Suites I have ever stayed at. Our room was in desperate need of many improvements. The room needed to be painted, and it needs new carpet. The tub needs to be caulked and the bedroom was missing a globe for one of the recess light fixtures. The sheer curtain was coming apart from the curtain rod.
The shrubs, which were visible from the bedroom window, had grown out of control. They appeared not to have been cut in several months.

The complimentary breakfast was horrible. They food was not tasty. They use plastic plates, cups, and forks that are the cheapest brand. The forks were so small and flimsy... I could barely eat my waffle. The milk was in a pitcher and was not marked as to what it was...whole milk, 2%, skim, etc.

This hotel claims to be "recently remodeled". I could not tell from our room- 208- that any renovations had been made. I do not recommend this hotel in Beaufort. I usually rate Country Inn and Suites as above average; however, this hotel is far below average. I rate it as poor. My recommendation is to stay elsewhere in Beaufort. On my next visit in a few weeks, I won't be staying there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ursula P
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. Furthermore, we apologize that the food quality was poor during your stay. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly at your earliest convenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
burlington, nj
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just returned from Parris Island and this hotel was GREAT! The room was beautiful, clean and cool. I was very apprehensive after reading these reviews, but my experience was completely different. We were very grateful for the breakfast they provided. The front desk was very friendly. For what little time you actually spend at the hotel, for us it was perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank puntacanareview
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family was in Beaufort for my son's Marine Corp graduation. We got in the room and found the microwave and frig were filthy. My son found dryer sheets stuck in the airvents that were covered in mold. The bathtub had mold all along the caulking. I pulled out the bed in the couch and found a piece of chicken. The bathroom fixture was broken and hanging out of the ceiling. We made several complaints to the manager and all that was done was the tub was cleaned and the fixture, still broken, placed back in the ceilling. We were stuck staying there. The manager never offered another room or any compensation. When we got home I called corporate and was told the manager would call me within 36 hours and I never heard from him. The only good part of the stay was the very nice lady at the front desk.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kevin C
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We apologize for the disappointments you experienced during your stay at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, SC regarding the poor condition of the room and the lack of service from the hotel staff. We are happy to see that Corporate Customer Care was able to assist you and compensate you for the problems you experienced. Please let us know if there is anything further we can do to assist you.

Travelers are raving about these Beaufort hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I travel to Beaufort weekly and started staying here because of the good location. Every stay though has been met with disappointment. I have found the staff to be generally friendly and professional but the manager, Shiv, has always created uncomfortable situations. I have seen him being rude to other guests. He has made rude comments about guests to me after they walked away - I am sure he does the same to me. He guaranteed me a certain rate because of my weekly travel, but for some reason or another I always seemed to pay more. Finally I was told they would not honor the rate any longer. The rooms, though generally nice, have usually had problems. The last time I stayed there the floor was wet from the HVAC unit and the room was musty. There has been no single big issue to complain about, just constant small problems. I have started staying at other locations and have been much happier. Life is too short to deal with folks like Shiv.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Don J
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the management staff. Corporate has been notified of similar complaints and we are working on a solution to implement. If you have any further concerns please contact Carlson Customer Care at 1-800-967-9182.
Huntington, WV
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My company booked the room for me. I've stayed at other Country Inn & Suites and they've all been really nice. This place was old and dirty. I've stayed at Motel 6's that were nicer than this. It definitely needs to be completely renovated

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Nicole G
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed 1 night, crowded, lots of kids,ac noisy, u can do better for the money. Not located near within walking distance from downtown. Lots of other places around. Bed was ok. Breakfast ok-just dont eat the eggs.Small diningroom filled with kids.

Room Tip: upstairs, away from elevator
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deborah f
georgia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family stayed here July 17th to July 20th. Rooms were clean and housekeeping did an excellent job of keeping them that way. Pool was very cold! The man that checked us in stopped by to see if we were enjoying the pool. He checked the heat and turned it up. I met the family next door to us that had 3 kids under 9. We never heard a sound from their room or the one on the other side. The hotel was crowded due to Marine Corp graduation and the Water Festival. Breakfast was decent. We will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013