“Never Again!!!!!!!”

Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Louisville
“Never Again!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2008

My wife booked this hotel online-from the pictures it didn't look that bad and it was cheap. When my wife, stepson and I arrived at the hotel and went into our room, it smelled like something I couldn't describe. The bathroom was very dirty also. We had planned to check in and go get something to eat then come back and sleep for a few hours. After seeing the room, we still had planned to stay there, but when we left to go eat, we took all of our things with us because of the overall bad feeling we had about the place. Before we left the parking lot on our way to eat, we decided to check out another hotel. (We didn't think we would have any luck, considering we were there for my other stepson's marine graduation-we figured everything would be booked up). We went to the Hampton Inn, which had a few rooms for about $100 more per night. I'm known as the cheapest person in my family, so it was a big shock to my wife that I would pay the extra to stay somewhere else. It was well worth it!! The Hampton was very nice-they let us check in early, mainly because we had told them of our bad experience at the Atlantic Inn. When we went back to the Atlantic Inn to get our money back, we were expecting a fight. Surprisingly, they didn't argue with us at all-they immediately refunded our credit card. Hmm, almost like they're so use to this happening that they didn't figure there was any point in trying to get us to stay. WHAT A DUMP!!!!!! Richard Williamson, Louisville, Ky.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pkw4rcw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 2, 2005

I feel an obligation to write this review as no such review was available prior to our stay at the Atlantic Inn in Beaufort, SC. Such a review would have prevented us from making a very bad choice while traveling from out of town.

First opinion upon opening the door was an unclean room smelling of heavy smoke. Further inspection revealed an unclean, mildewed bathroom and spatters of something resembling blood on the walls (see photos). The final blow was the filthy bedding, complete with stains and hair.

Calls to other local hotels proved there were no vacancies elsewhere, so luckily I found a 24-hour Wal-Mart at a very late hour. I bought new sheets and a pair of flip-flops to allow us to use the nasty shower before attending our event the next morning.

Please understand that I do not enjoy giving a negative review, but hope that it might prevent another couple from repeating our mistake.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
46 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, manager at Atlantic Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2006
We are sorry that the patron had a bad experience, however if the problem would have been mentioned during the stay all measures would have been taken to resolve the situation.

Travelers are raving about these Beaufort hotels