“Exquisite Taste Experience”

Ranked #25 of 161 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Griffin Market brings relaxed elegance and a taste of Italy’s Piedmont region to the lowcountry of South Carolina. Situated on Carteret Street in historic downtown Beaufort, the restaurant features the culinary and wine expertise of Laura and Riccardo Bonino. The couple moved the restaurant from its original location in the neighborhood of Georgetown, Washington D.C. in 2011. Laura is a veteran executive chef whose talent has been featured at numerous fine-dining restaurants across the country. Riccardo is an accomplished sommelier and is recognized for his unique gift for pairing wine with food. Griffin Market offers seasonal fare made with expert refinement for dinner 6 days a week and lunch 3 days a week.
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Exquisite Taste Experience”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife & I went here for her birthday. We experienced authentic Italian food, much to our delight. Having traveled in Italy numerous times, Griffin Market's offerings matched up well. The unique menu choices, the owner's expensive knowledge, & the polite wait staff added up to a top-notch night. Continued success!

2 Thank LuisadiBeaufort

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Sunday Night Supper”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Intimate, wonderful location for a Sunday night supper. Reservations required. If you have ever traveled to Italy you will appreciate the portions of the anti-pasti, primi and secondi. A recent recipiant of Wine Spectators new restaurant award, the list is impressive to say the least. Ricardo will offer suggestions based on your price point, so don't be afraid to ask. My favorite, (recomended by Ricardo) Vino de Nobile de Montepulciano Valdipiata, lovely Red. As for the food, Pat Conroy claimed it to be the finast Italian food in South Carolina. I would add most authentic. Don't miss it.

2 Thank Rhett
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
“Great choice”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband took me there for my birthday dinner and I could not have been more pleased. It was quaint and cozy. The food was not the run of the mill red sauce and pasta, it was unique in flavor and preparation. We went on Sunday so they had the 4 course meal special. Everything we tasted....we liked so we will be returning in the future.

Visited January 2013
Mount Pleasan
“Light Italian”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was a great find. My wife and I had avoided going because we did not want a hevy meal, but the food was fantastic and the portions were not overdone (we also did not leave hungry). Great service and ambiance, as well.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Chip M
Beaufort, South Carolina
“overall nice experience”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

First you have to find this place... you certainly wouldn't guess it is a restaurant by the exterior and there's no signage. We asked the folks at the coffee shop. Once we got our food, however, it was worth the effort. The pasta course for both my wife and me was absolutely outstanding! I wouldn't select the chicken for the third course again, it was beyond bland but nicely done. My wife's fish was excellent. The dessert and coffee were also excellent and the complimentary cookies and drink were a very nice touch. The wine selection was fairly broad for a small town. We'll go back for certain to see if there's consistency because on this night it was very, very good.

1 Thank dcdavid