“Not Recommended”

America's Best Inn Beaufort
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here on July 12th. I would not recommend it unless there are no other options. Other area hotels booked. I should have just traveled further to find a place to stay. Staff was nice, but rooms were old and tired.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dn C

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I woke up to my 12 month old screaming when I got up and turned the light on bed bugs were everywhere on the bed on the walls they were everywhere myself and my child had bite marks when I went to the front desk for some reason the young lady thought it was funny and said she wouldnt know she didnt sleep at hotels she had a house I was amazed by her response and the manager was no where to be found Horrible experience for my kids and myself

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Lynne B
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Don't do it. Save yourself the aggravation and stay at another hotel. It will cost you more but you will be glad you did. The rooms are dirty, roaches, and unkept. Booked online for two nights but after spending one night there checked out promptly the next morning. Still got the bill for two nights. Manager refused to credit my account. Spent part of Memorial day weekend there and will not repeat the same mistake again.

Room Tip: Rooms elsewhere are much better!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Patrick P
Reviewed April 3, 2012

When we were looking around for hotels for our son's graduation from Parris Island we called the 800 number to reserve 2 rooms, but when they wanted to charge our card right away, we opted to call the hotel directly, since we were still not sure what we were going to do. The next day we decided to rent a house as the rates were comparable in price - and we called the hotel directly to cancel our reservations since that is how we made the reservation. Much to our surprise when we returned, the hotel charged our card for the ENTIRE STAY for both rooms. We have been going back and forth ever since trying to get our money back - which they have refunded us 2/3rds of the cost - stating that we never cancelled so we are being charged 1 night for both rooms - yet, when we called the hotel directly the front desk even stated they were showing we cancelled. And then we are being told that we had 2 reservations - one through the 800 # and one through the hotel directly - so if that was in fact the case (which it should never have been) - when we cancelled why were not both reservations cancelled? This has been a nightmare going on now for a month and we may need to get the bank involved and take more of our time for something we did not do. I will say the individual at the corporate office that has been helping us has been extremely helpful and was the one responsible for at least getting us some of our money back - it's the main individual that owns that hotel that is being an [--] about it and was not even willing to help us when we first called about the charge - he was basically blowing us off which is why we needed to go above his head.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Judi S
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Taveled from New York for my son's graduation from Parris Island....killed me that we were stuck in "hell" , the room was sooooooo disgusting...we even changed rooms and it wasn't much better....called around for a room at a different place...all booked up...we were stuck here. My kids wouldn't sleep in the beds...had hair in them, mold on the bathroom curtain and dirt caked in the hair dryer that was attached to the wall. The headboards were covered with dust...it was nasty. Everything was old and ratty looking including the furniture...it looked like it came out of someone's basement. The doors wouldn't close and the paint was peeling off the wall. There was sticky stuff on the tables..the rugs were soooo dirty you could not walk in your socks...had to wear shoes all the time...the worst experience. I am contacting the State of South Carolina....will be discussing this with the Dept. of Health.......a kennel would look and smell better than this place.....travelers be alert.

Room Tip: You will need a tetnus!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Patricia S
Reviewed October 10, 2011

AWFUL!!!!
BEDS and FLOOR FILTHY....MOLDed ceilings....shower wall coming off wall...room stunk of smoke and was told it was nonsmoking room......BUGS...holes in blankets....we were told no other room available.....next day we were ill from room air being filthy....because of Marine graduation there was nothing else close....have spoken with franchise manager....my calls passed on to Mike Patel, owner.....he has not called yet....I would sleep in car before staying here!!!!

Room Tip: find another hotel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Roberta H
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Came to Beaufort for my son's graduation, this motel was recommended by his recruiter. I called the 800 number that was given to me and I asked a lot of questions before I decided to book. After talking to the agent, apparently not from the area, I booked - he must have been a used car salesman in his past employement. As soon as we pulled up I decided to cancel my reservations and told the woman working. She told me not refunds - booked for two days.
I booked a non-smoking room with two queen beds. Upon entering the room, I did a bed bug test. It passed that, and the AC worked great if you did not mind the smell of stale smoke fax machine in the lobby and working ice machine. But that was about all that I can say that was good. It did not pass the clean towel test - stains on all towels, dirty bathroom, never walked on the floor nor took a shower without flip-flips. Their definition of non-smoking was turning the ashtray up side down. The adjoining room - smoke rolled under the door and the microwave door had burn marks from other people. The main door had a two inch gap at the bottom of the door. The chairs and tables we pushed to the side because they just looked nasty and were sticky. The room down the hall had to go out and buy towels and lysol and cleaned their room theirselves. The used the towels to put on the chairs so they had to place to sit. And no swimming pool.
By the second day, we eat dinner in our car due to the overpowering smell of smoke from under the door of the adjoining room.
The breakfast was disappointing. Quality control was employee sniffing the milk jug to as if the milk was still good. The oj machine has something hanging from the dispenser. The coffee was not coffee. Dry cereal and I think there was waffle batter in ice that you could make. And no fresh fruit and this was by 6:30 am.
I do have to say check was easy and no extra's on my bill ............so far.
If quality is not what you are looking for - this is your place --- If quality and price is what you are looking for there is a beautiful hotel right next door....and this one has a swimming pool!!! Good Luck

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family