“USE ONLY AS A LAST RESORT”

America's Best Inn Beaufort
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“USE ONLY AS A LAST RESORT”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Don't do it. Save yourself the aggravation and stay at another hotel. It will cost you more but you will be glad you did. The rooms are dirty, roaches, and unkept. Booked online for two nights but after spending one night there checked out promptly the next morning. Still got the bill for two nights. Manager refused to credit my account. Spent part of Memorial day weekend there and will not repeat the same mistake again.

Room Tip: Rooms elsewhere are much better!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Patrick P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2012

When we were looking around for hotels for our son's graduation from Parris Island we called the 800 number to reserve 2 rooms, but when they wanted to charge our card right away, we opted to call the hotel directly, since we were still not sure what we were going to do. The next day we decided to rent a house as the rates were comparable in price - and we called the hotel directly to cancel our reservations since that is how we made the reservation. Much to our surprise when we returned, the hotel charged our card for the ENTIRE STAY for both rooms. We have been going back and forth ever since trying to get our money back - which they have refunded us 2/3rds of the cost - stating that we never cancelled so we are being charged 1 night for both rooms - yet, when we called the hotel directly the front desk even stated they were showing we cancelled. And then we are being told that we had 2 reservations - one through the 800 # and one through the hotel directly - so if that was in fact the case (which it should never have been) - when we cancelled why were not both reservations cancelled? This has been a nightmare going on now for a month and we may need to get the bank involved and take more of our time for something we did not do. I will say the individual at the corporate office that has been helping us has been extremely helpful and was the one responsible for at least getting us some of our money back - it's the main individual that owns that hotel that is being an [--] about it and was not even willing to help us when we first called about the charge - he was basically blowing us off which is why we needed to go above his head.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Judi S

Travelers are raving about these Beaufort hotels

Greenwich, NY
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Taveled from New York for my son's graduation from Parris Island....killed me that we were stuck in "hell" , the room was sooooooo disgusting...we even changed rooms and it wasn't much better....called around for a room at a different place...all booked up...we were stuck here. My kids wouldn't sleep in the beds...had hair in them, mold on the bathroom curtain and dirt caked in the hair dryer that was attached to the wall. The headboards were covered with dust...it was nasty. Everything was old and ratty looking including the furniture...it looked like it came out of someone's basement. The doors wouldn't close and the paint was peeling off the wall. There was sticky stuff on the tables..the rugs were soooo dirty you could not walk in your socks...had to wear shoes all the time...the worst experience. I am contacting the State of South Carolina....will be discussing this with the Dept. of Health.......a kennel would look and smell better than this place.....travelers be alert.

Room Tip: You will need a tetnus!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Patricia S
Live Oak, Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2011

AWFUL!!!!
BEDS and FLOOR FILTHY....MOLDed ceilings....shower wall coming off wall...room stunk of smoke and was told it was nonsmoking room......BUGS...holes in blankets....we were told no other room available.....next day we were ill from room air being filthy....because of Marine graduation there was nothing else close....have spoken with franchise manager....my calls passed on to Mike Patel, owner.....he has not called yet....I would sleep in car before staying here!!!!

Room Tip: find another hotel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Roberta H
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Came to Beaufort for my son's graduation, this motel was recommended by his recruiter. I called the 800 number that was given to me and I asked a lot of questions before I decided to book. After talking to the agent, apparently not from the area, I booked - he must have been a used car salesman in his past employement. As soon as we pulled up I decided to cancel my reservations and told the woman working. She told me not refunds - booked for two days.
I booked a non-smoking room with two queen beds. Upon entering the room, I did a bed bug test. It passed that, and the AC worked great if you did not mind the smell of stale smoke fax machine in the lobby and working ice machine. But that was about all that I can say that was good. It did not pass the clean towel test - stains on all towels, dirty bathroom, never walked on the floor nor took a shower without flip-flips. Their definition of non-smoking was turning the ashtray up side down. The adjoining room - smoke rolled under the door and the microwave door had burn marks from other people. The main door had a two inch gap at the bottom of the door. The chairs and tables we pushed to the side because they just looked nasty and were sticky. The room down the hall had to go out and buy towels and lysol and cleaned their room theirselves. The used the towels to put on the chairs so they had to place to sit. And no swimming pool.
By the second day, we eat dinner in our car due to the overpowering smell of smoke from under the door of the adjoining room.
The breakfast was disappointing. Quality control was employee sniffing the milk jug to as if the milk was still good. The oj machine has something hanging from the dispenser. The coffee was not coffee. Dry cereal and I think there was waffle batter in ice that you could make. And no fresh fruit and this was by 6:30 am.
I do have to say check was easy and no extra's on my bill ............so far.
If quality is not what you are looking for - this is your place --- If quality and price is what you are looking for there is a beautiful hotel right next door....and this one has a swimming pool!!! Good Luck

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mckennadebbie
Ingersoll, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2011

The room was so bad that my spouse and I checked out after the first hour. The room was awful - dirty carpets and bedspreads, the smell was musty and disagreeable, the furniture was chipped, and everything was dusty. My wife has asthma and there was no way she could stay in that room.

The staff was not professional at all in their approach when we complained - they said they would have no trouble staying in that room and were on the verge of mocking my wife for being fussy. We asked to see a manager, but were told that the owner-manager wasn't available until the next day.
The staff offered another room, but it wasn't much better than the first and we knew that my spouse wouldn't be able to survive the moldy smell.

The staff refused any type of refund and said we would have to return the next day to speak with the owner-manager. In the meantime, I called Hotels by City through which we had made the 3 night booking (March 8-10) and received very little statisfaction from them. Even after speaking with a customer relations rep, we were told the only refund we would get would be from the owner-manager of the motel. We then checked out and got a room at the Quality Inn in Beaufort which was fantastic after the dump we had left.

I called Hotels by City again the next morning and got the same unhelpful advice, so I went to see the owner-manager. He refused to give me any refund and insisted that the rooms were fine. After some discussion, he relented and said that because the third night was outside the 48 hour cancellation policy, he would refund tthat night, but that it would have to go through Hotels by City as a credit card refund. We left, changed our travel plans and departed Beaufort because all the hotels were booked due to grad ceremonies for the marines on Paris Island.

I am writing this on April 19. I have received two credit card statements in the meantime and there has been no refund from Hotels by City. I called them today and the customer relations rep called the motel . The rep then told me that the owner-manager said he had not promised me a refund for the third night. I called the motel and Mike the owner operator told me that he was on the other line with the company and he was authorizing the refund. I'll believe it when I see it.

Room Tip: There is no best room!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmorland
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Total DUMP, 1 towel in the room we had 2 queens, my parents room had the smell of POT and the in-laws had a clogged sink, the first morning at 4:30 AM we noticed no wash clothes when we called down to the front desk, they couldn't help with towels till house cleaning can in at 8:30AM, someone was knocking on doors at 1:30AM, you would be better off staying with you son in the Marine barrecks, worst place I ever stayed and never again...KEEP OUT,

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends