“The Best in Beaufort!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Southern Graces Bistro - CLOSED

Southern Graces Bistro
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Scott Street
Description: Indulgent Dining in a Beautifully Historic Setting, Southern Graces BISTRO at The Beaufort Inn is a diner's delight, featuring New Southern cuisine featuring fresh local ingredients presented in an artfully delicious way. Enjoy our legendary Vertical Cobb Salad or our Lowcountry Crab Cake for lunch or go ahead and treat yourself to dinner and enjoy our Land & Sea offerings that include Filet Mignon with Vidalia Bourbon Demi or our Crab Stuffed Grouper. Not to be missed on Sundays, our Brunch is a delicious treat with our famous Almond Brioche French Toast! We look forward to welcoming you for your delicious experience soon!
Bluffton, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best in Beaufort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have been to Southern Graces many times and it has never been disappointing. Last night we were a group of 16 for my husbands birthday. He had the lamb that was the best I have ever tasted. I had the shrimp and sweet potato grits for the second time, because they are so Delicious
My friend had the stuffed grouper that was suburb. Our server Cleo, whom we have had in the past is always a pleasure.
Another great feature I find is that we can bring in our own wine and they keep it on ice and serve it for us. (at no additional charge). I have been to Hilton Head many times and eaten at many restaurant, but my favorite is still Southern Graces.

1 Thank christine289

Bluffton, South Carolina
“The Best of Southern Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We visited Southern Graces Bistro numerous times, on every occassion the food and service has been impeccable. Chris [the chef] is very friendly and I might add extremely attentive to his guests. The Charm of the restaurant and the wonderful food is a truly a southern experience. It is a must when visiting Beaufort S.C.

2 Thank Ladymacbell
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great Location But Dining Experience Should've Been Better!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

You will find Southern Graces Bistro inside the Beaufort Inn, which I love; however, I was a bit disappointed in lunch there! Again, a beautiful setting...it was a gorgeous 80+ degree day last week so we opted for lunch on the spacious veranda! Our server appeared not wanting to be there and was not very knowledgable. I ordered the chopped salad with shrimp. There were very few shrimp, which had been chopped up into small pieces, Since I do not eat pork, I asked that the ham be omitted and add avocado. When the salad arrived, I only found very few tiny bits of avocado. When I asked the server for more, that seemed like a problem. I also had to ask for extra tomato twice. It just seems like they were trying to cut corners! My friend is a vegan and unfortunately found and actually ate a piece of shrimp that had gotten into her salad. They at least discounted her entree. I was expecting more based on the hotel. Since I live close by, I would give them another chance! They have a good thing there...they just need to improve on service as well as the quality of the food!

1 Thank edenl
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Taste of the "Old South"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Beautiful setting for lunch at The Beaufort Inn, a lovingly restored older home. The popovers are better than any I have eaten elsewhere and the she crab soup is outstanding. The four of us had a variety of luncheon items and all of us were very pleased. We arrived around 11:30am so everything was fresh, the small dining room was immaculate as were the restrooms. Not sure about the problem an earlier reviewer mentioned about the door to the kitchen. Our experience was lovely.

2 Thank ozarkgal0829
Charleston, South Carolina
“Nice touch on a wedding anniversary weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Being our 7th year anniversary in the town in which we met, our second dinner meal every here with the 1st being some 8 years ago, we really enjoyed ourselves. We dined late so we closed the place down, service was very nice. Food fresh, crisp and tasty. Heavy on the bread.. as the puff pastry bread was a meal in itself and the Ceasar Salad had two rather large cornbread helpings.

The entree was rather small in size/quantity as was the crabcake appetizer I ordered as my entree. It was more like a tapas than a larger sized appetizer helping. Prices were pretty fair so all in all a rather pleasant experience.

SaleebScore Food: 8/10, Service: 9/10, Atmosphere was a 10/10.

• Visited September 2013