“I <3 Popovers.”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Scott Street
Description: Indulgent Dining in a Beautifully Historic Setting, Southern Graces BISTRO at The Beaufort Inn is a diner's delight, featuring New Southern cuisine featuring fresh local ingredients presented in an artfully delicious way. Enjoy our legendary Vertical Cobb Salad or our Lowcountry Crab Cake for lunch or go ahead and treat yourself to dinner and enjoy our Land & Sea offerings that include Filet Mignon with Vidalia Bourbon Demi or our Crab Stuffed Grouper. Not to be missed on Sundays, our Brunch is a delicious treat with our famous Almond Brioche French Toast! We look forward to welcoming you for your delicious experience soon!
Columbia SC
“I <3 Popovers.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

OK, the popovers were amazing! I just thought I'd get that out of the way.

I ate here with my husband while staying at the Beaufort Inn this past weekend. I really enjoyed my meal; he didn't love his. The service was impeccable, the setting very elegant yet somehow casual. The dining room is very, very small -- maybe 6 tables? The environment was conducive to small-talk between dinner tables, and it made for a warm and comfortable dining experience.

We started with their Shrimp Wanton appetizers, which were delicious. I ordered the wedge salad, (even though the blue cheese came from Clemson ...) and it was yummy. My husband ordered the Caesar salad, which was served with some kind of corn bread crouton. He didn't like the crouton. Said it was soggy and that if he'd wanted corn bread he'd have ordered corn bread. (OK, so he can be cranky!)

We both ordered fish entrees. Mine was the crab-stuffed grouper, which was fabulous. Husband ordered the highly recommended crispy flounder. I've had a similar dish before -- whole flounder, scored and lightly fried, with an Asian spicy/sweet sauce. I didn't love it when I had it, and he didn't like this one, either. The "sweet" sauce is a bit too cloying, in my opinion. However, others in the restaurant were raving about it.

We were both a little full and skipped dessert, but overall, this was a nice and enjoyable meal. And the POPOVERS!!! Just eat those, if nothing else. You'll be happy.

1 Thank Emptynesters59

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Gracious Southern setting with outstanding food!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Based on other TripAdvisor reviews my wife and had lunch here last week. The setting in the Beaufort Inn was excellent -- old wood paneled room from turn of the century, Food was outstanding although service a little slow as it was full. Highly recommend it for lunch for a couple of with friends!

• Visited March 2013
Farmington, Georgia
“My Dowton Abbey Moment”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

If you love delicate china and old world charm, don't miss Southern Graces located in the Beaufort Inn. The puff rolls at the meal's beginning is enough reason to stop by. I had the harvest panini and my husband, the pork nachos. Both were excellent and I even took half my sandwich home in swan shaped aluminum foil. The treat you to the finer moments in life. A definite visit.

Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
“Wow!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at the Beaufort Inn and thought we would like to have dinner at Southern Graces. It was a wonderful decision. The staff were friendly, the dining area was very cozy, and the service was excellent.
But, even better was the food! The Scored Flounder was easily the best seafood dish I have ever eaten. A whole, very fresh flounder, perfectly done, and absolutely delicious. The Shrimp with Sweet Potato Grits was another winner. As guests of the Inn, we also had breakfast there and it proved to be a great way to start out our day. The French Toast was delicious along a nice selection of other choices.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Fred F
“Beaufort inn weekend”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wonderful breakfast each morning. We also enjoyed dinner in the dining room. It was excellent, I would highly recommend trying this Bistro. Service was great, Christopher the chef was wonderful