“A special place for a special occassion”
Review of Southern Graces Bistro - CLOSED

Southern Graces Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Scott Street
Description: Indulgent Dining in a Beautifully Historic Setting, Southern Graces BISTRO at The Beaufort Inn is a diner's delight, featuring New Southern cuisine featuring fresh local ingredients presented in an artfully delicious way. Enjoy our legendary Vertical Cobb Salad or our Lowcountry Crab Cake for lunch or go ahead and treat yourself to dinner and enjoy our Land & Sea offerings that include Filet Mignon with Vidalia Bourbon Demi or our Crab Stuffed Grouper. Not to be missed on Sundays, our Brunch is a delicious treat with our famous Almond Brioche French Toast! We look forward to welcoming you for your delicious experience soon!
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Southern Graces Bistro is situated in the historic Beaufort Inn in downtown Beaufort. The Inn and the Bistro are intimate and upscale. Food, service and atmosphere are all top shelf. I went for a special dinner wife my spouse. I knew pretty much what to expect, and wasn't disappointed. The menu is a single page (front and back), but the superlative offerings still make the final choices difficult. The dinner menu can be seen at http://199.168.188.3/~sou/uploads//SG%20DINNER%20MENU.pdf . We were offered complimentary popovers (with maple butter) for starters and split a citrus salad. The salads are large, and half is plenty for a side salad. My spouse then had scallops and couldn't stop raving about them! I had duck. It wasn't the best I've had but it was very good (yes I would order it again).

Southern Graces serves dinner Thursday through Saturday. There are also lunch and Sunday brunch possibilities. This is not your everyday restaurant, but you couldn't do better for those special occasions.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The duck was very average, however our overall experience was very good. The grouper was terrific and so was the She crab soup. We enjoyed dining at this lovely establishment. We were made to feel as though we were dining in our own home.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Sunday brunch is simply the best! The food is consistently delicious; service is excellent; and the chocolate cake for dessert melts in your mouth. This is our favorite dining experience in Beaufort.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The brunch buffet was very good and includes mimosas, bloody mary, and coffee. Our only complaint is that I was charged $ 2.00 for a glass of sweet tea. I would think when paying $19.95 for a brunch buffet that includes mimosas and bloody marys, that one would not be charged for a glass of tea if you did not wish to drink alcohol. I'm sure the glass of tea cost less than the alcohol in those drinks.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband surprised me with a trip to Beaufort for my birthday. We were so fortunate to dine here one evening. I was very impressed that Bethany showed us two tables to choose from. The porch table was so romantic overlooking the Inn's gardens. We had read alot about the chef, but his cooking exceeded all expectations. The citrus salad was light and fresh - my husband's loved his grouper and whoever thought of a popover with maple butter for the bread service - KUDOS!!! After our dinner, Bethany and Chef Christopher came and chatted with us - it was a magical evening - you made beautiful food!