“LOVE IT!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Q on Bay

Q on Bay
Ranked #14 of 160 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Phone: 843-525-7771
Beaufort, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LOVE IT!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great food....love the wings (they are smoked) and the salads are fabulous. BBQ is just alright! Service is good and the views overlooking the water make for a beautiful dining experience.

Visited November 2012

Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,678 helpful votes
“Good Service, Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Q on Bay is a casual restaurant specializes in barbecue and sandwiches. Its interior is fairly spartan and the deck overlooking the Beaufort River, weather permitting, is the place to sit. This restaurant was formerly Kathleen's; it changed owners and focus a little more than a year ago. Having eaten at Kathleen's about three years ago, it is our sense that the change was not for the better. My wife had a Portobello mushroom sandwich and collard greens, while I had a pulled pork sandwich with coldslaw. My sandwich was decent enough but my wife's left much to be desired. On a positive note, Q on Bay offered a large selection of beer. I don't think I would return to this restaurant unless I just wanted to drink. Perhaps I'll wait a few more years to see if it changes hands again.

1 Thank CJTravelerTexas
Charleston, South Carolina
“good food good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Ashley was swamped when we came in but still pleasant and helpful. the Mac and cheese was almost as good as grandma's!

Lexington, Kentucky
“What happened??”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

First time we stopped here we had such a great time and great food and service, and the owner was present and shared about how the restaurant came about. This last will be our last time. Was completely and totally snubbed by a bartender who was more concerned about texting than serving. When we tried to ask to order we were made to feel as though we were an imposition. It was a Saturday night and there we only a handful of patrons so had to believe this is not the first time a customer has been made to feel like an inconvenience and chose to never return.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Jason B, Owner at Q on Bay, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
As one of the owners I would like to first of all apologize for your unpleasant & inexcuseable experience in our restaurant. Especially after such an excellent original visit. I have personally handled the situation and assure you that you will not have a similar experience again. Obviously, i never want to hear anyone refuse to come back to enjoy our establishment and woould like to encourage you to come back and ask for myself (Jason), or my business partner Chris and introduce yourself and allow us to buy you a drink and apologize in person. Again I deeply apologize for your experience at Q on Bay, and hope you will take me up on my offer to apologize in person.

Jason Bailey
Co-Owner
Louisville, Kentucky
“food on the bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Spouse and I had a late lunch: Brunswick stew, broccoli soup, sliders and a salad with pulled pork. Tasty and fresh food, would return again.