“Schnitzel Rivals Figelmullers of Vienna”
Review of Great Gardens Cafe - CLOSED

Great Gardens Cafe
Cuisines: American, German, Italian, Swiss
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is my first visit with friends who dine there frequently with discriminating culinary tastes. I was not only surprised but delighted in the quality, and quantity, of the food. Very authentic, tender, fresh. It tasted like the famous restaurant in Vienna. The menu had a large selection of schnitzels in chicken, pork, or veal. Large portions..will recommend to all I can!!!

1  Thank Lindackat

Reviewed March 20, 2014

While in Beaufort for 5 days in mid March we came here for dinner and loved it so much we came back 2 more times before leaving. Best meals we had in Beaufort. Patrick, Maria, Glaychia, Samantha and Sasha are the friendliest ever! Patrick’s jaeger schnitzel is to die for – so tender you can cut it with a fork! Desserts – what can I say? The mouth watering crepes filled with chocolate and drizzled with caramel sauce – YUM! Brunch was amazing – crepes, eggs benedict, omelettes were all delicious. If you can get a table on the patio the view is just gorgeous. We only wish we could have shrunk the whole restaurant and taken everyone home with us. Stop in for lunch, dinner or brunch to Great Gardens – fabulous food at reasonable prices and great service - you won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank travelling376
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We moved here not too long ago and I’ll tell you me and wife is here almost every week I don't even need a menu because it’s so good. I grew up in Germany so let me tell you it’s like being back at my grandmothers the owners make us feel like we are home and apart of the family and their sausages are out of world and my family has a very high standard when it comes to sausage . If you want real European food or just great tasting food with a beautiful view and wonder nice people this is the place to go. You can hear them in the kitchen beating the meat that's how fresh it is. It’s a great place you go after graduation it’s not packed which is great because you don't have to wait but sad cause it is so great that there should be a long line to eat. It’s a one in a million place and I beg you to stop by heck come on a Friday or Saturday and I’ll see you there.

2  Thank Jeremy L
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stopped on our way to Beaufort after reading reviews on TA, and happy we did. My wife had sauerbraten that had been marinating for 6 days, with spaetlze...tender and delicious! I had the pork jager schnitzel with egg noodles and a side of red cabbage. Pair that with an ice cold Warsteiner beer and you have heaven on earth. We sat on the back deck with a wonderful view of the marsh and tidal creeks. The bugs began biting after sundown, but the view was worth a couple bites. The waitress was the owner's daughter - she and the owner came by to ensure we were pleased with the meal. And we were. Highly recommend Great Gardens if you like Swiss/German food.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stopped by Great Gardens for breakfast yesterday and so glad I did. I was going to have one of my favorite dishes, by the nice waitress told me about the special of the day. I know the food there is really good, so trying the special was a given. They had two quiches to choose from, since I'm not a fan of mushrooms, I naturally went for the Spinach, onion and Swiss cheese quiche. I wasn't disappointed! The crust had a great flaky crisp, you could tell this was homemade. And the filling - loaded with spinach, onions, and cheese. The portion was, like all of the dishes, sized for a hungry growing boy, you really get your money's worth. I took the left overs home and it reheated very well (the crust held up and did not get soggy). Can't wait to see what the next special is going to be!

The staff is great, the waitress are really very helpful, describing the dishes, helping me more inside with the winds picked up. I started out on the back deck - best view in town - but since I didn't have a jacket, I really wasn't prepared to sit out there, but I just could not resist the deck - so peaceful watching the tide come in.

This restaurant never fails to provide an excellent dining experience for me. Can't wait for my next visit.

2  Thank bisagrits