“If you come to town, GO HERE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Rooster Cafe - MOVED

Red Rooster Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Phone: 843-379-2253
Hampton, Virginia
“If you come to town, GO HERE!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have gone numerous times and we would recommend EVERYTHING for breakfast. The burgers and truly the best in town. The staff are friendly and helpful. The restaurant is clean and smartly functional. The staff work hard to make sure we all have what we need and actually try to anticipate what we might need. My son has gone with us as well and he raves about the pancakes and he really likes the mint coffee. Their prices are a little higher than most diners/cafe's around town, but their ingredients are fresh, organic and local - so to me, it is well worth the little price bump :)

Beaufort South Carolin
“Excellent ... and we'll be back!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We visited Red Rooster Cafe a couple of years ago when it first opened and tried breakfast. We were not impressed and hadn't been back again until yesterday when we realized that all the great reviews couldn't be for nothing! Well, our lunch yesterday was just excellent. Cleanliness, service, food quality, portion size ... all were wonderful. We arrived earlier than our friends and the server was so polite while we waited.
When they arrived and we ordered, two chose burgers and two the special of the day (a pumpernickel panini called Hay Dilly Dilly...turkey, tomatoes, bacon, brie, baby spinach and a homemade dill sauce). Everyone agreed that the meal was top-notch!
Forgive us, Red Rooster Cafe, for ignoring you for two years. You're going to see us regularly from now on!

Visited February 2013
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Decent Lunch Stop”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a popular lunch stop for locals (which is a good sign), but anticipate a busy & hectic place. The staff is your typical Beaufort low country welcoming & friendly group of servers, & really hustles to please their customers. Kudos to them!
The food - portions are large, so consider splitting a lunch if you're not all that hungry. All in all, another area good place to eat lunch & make it your main meal of the day. But this place is a little pricey for a basic lunch in a good soup & sandwich shop.

Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
“Fresh and Original”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place was actually my first discovery using Trip Advisor, and since then I've used the web site and the app for almost every place that I go because Red Rooster Cafe was rated so well. And there's a reason for that...
Changes to the menu abound, including a dinner menu since I've been coming here (not to mention the fact that they are now OPEN for dinner...) but the quality and service have remained top-notch. The ingredients are fresh, and it makes a difference--everything tastes better than just your average restaurant. The place is cute, too. Not recommended for large parties in my opinion, but I'm sure they'd help you out if you tried, though if you've got more than six and it's even half full I'd say you'd probably have to wait to be seated.
They're always running specials, and the specials are always good. Try their lemonades. Amazing. Hash brown casserole there rocks. Their sandwiches are delicious. Occasionally I luck out and get there when they have a philly cheese steak special, and the thing's just amazing. Their desserts, all on display daily, are great, too.
Great breakfast, and it's my SPOT for lunch. Definitely a must-try for anybody in Beaufort.
Now if only they'd open up on Sundays...

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Wow!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I went there for lunch and had the most delicious sandwich. The cafe is clean, busy and innovative. Best place for lunch in Beaufort area. Also it is open for dinner now and I am sure dinner is outstanding as well. Love eating at local places that serve terrific food.