“Fresh and Original”

Red Rooster Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Phone: 843-379-2253
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place was actually my first discovery using Trip Advisor, and since then I've used the web site and the app for almost every place that I go because Red Rooster Cafe was rated so well. And there's a reason for that...
Changes to the menu abound, including a dinner menu since I've been coming here (not to mention the fact that they are now OPEN for dinner...) but the quality and service have remained top-notch. The ingredients are fresh, and it makes a difference--everything tastes better than just your average restaurant. The place is cute, too. Not recommended for large parties in my opinion, but I'm sure they'd help you out if you tried, though if you've got more than six and it's even half full I'd say you'd probably have to wait to be seated.
They're always running specials, and the specials are always good. Try their lemonades. Amazing. Hash brown casserole there rocks. Their sandwiches are delicious. Occasionally I luck out and get there when they have a philly cheese steak special, and the thing's just amazing. Their desserts, all on display daily, are great, too.
Great breakfast, and it's my SPOT for lunch. Definitely a must-try for anybody in Beaufort.
Now if only they'd open up on Sundays...

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I went there for lunch and had the most delicious sandwich. The cafe is clean, busy and innovative. Best place for lunch in Beaufort area. Also it is open for dinner now and I am sure dinner is outstanding as well. Love eating at local places that serve terrific food.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Interesting menu, great food. The decor is really awful and needs to be looked at by a professional, but the quality of the eats makes up for that, in spades!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This small quaint restaraunt has a down home feel with great food. Being from Florida and driving by to see a sign that says the best burgers I just had to stop in. And the sign does not lie, by far one of the best burger I have had from jacksonville to beaufort. The service is great as well very happy and smiley stuff.highly recommend food stop!!

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Great breakfast places are rare but this hits the spot. I had the green eggs and ham lightly poached eggs terrific hollandaise sauce and spinach. My husband had the Olde MacDonald which he lived. The waitress said he had to sing the song for breakfast which he did