“OMG! I love Maggies burger!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maggies Pub

Maggies Pub
Ranked #36 of 160 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, International
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bluffton, South Carolina
“OMG! I love Maggies burger!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I FELL IN LOVE with their burger!! I'm not huge burger eater HOWEVER I bet I can eat their's everyday! Its just amazed me. Only one thing disappointed me was they don't have meatloaf anymore. I tried it over 6 months ago, and not on a manu anymore :( Wish they still had it...

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Positivaropa

“Good food in a neat atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Although we moved to the Beaufort area about a year ago, this was our first visit to Maggie's. Not your typical pub, a bit more upscale. Habersham was a neat place to see, certainly off the beaten path. We had reservations but had to wait for a few minutes at the bar. The staff was friendly and did a great job. Very knowledgeable. The food was excellent and the drinks were good. Worth visiting and I'm sure we will return.

Visited January 2014
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

The little area known as Habersham, near Beaufort, has this gem of a pub/restaurant that makes one of the most incredible burgers you will ever enjoy. They have a cheese plate that is incredible. As a matter of fact, everything is wonderful, including the relaxed and quiet atmosphere, which makes the evening more enjoyable. Great liquid enhancements with every meal, too. They know food here. This is a wonderful stop.

• Visited March 2013
Rome, Ohio
“Worth a Journey !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Maggie's is a labor of love for Richard and Peggy and it shows. They locally source most of their ingredients to get the freshest, best quality food. The cuisine is eclectic, imaginative and expertly prepared. We started with the complimentary "amuse" ( a one or two bite appetizer) that is one of Richard's trademarks. The night we were there it was a yam chip with bok-choy slaw. Delicious and it gets you ready for the delights ahead. We started with a local "Bayou" cake made of shrimp,crawfish and bacon, topped with a Cajun Tzatziki sauce.All the flavors complimented each other wonderfully. It was rich but delicate.

Moving on to the main courses, my husband ordered the lamb chops, which were accompanied by couscous seasoned with herbs de Provence ( great tie-in to the lamb ! ) and brussels sprouts with a balsamic glaze. My husband loves lamb, but I'm not a fan. He asked me to try it and it was a revelation. There was none of that metallic taste I've objected to at other establishments. Perfectly grilled and Very tasty. I couldn't resist the local Shrimp Jambalaya,seared shrimp on a bed of rice with sausage Jambalaya with roasted corn. It was simply amazing ! It had a fresh taste ( probably the corn ) that was wonderful. This was no doubt aided by a masterful blond roux with wonderful herbs. So many times, jambalaya is simmered to death. This had a depth of flavor that was complex and elegant.

We just couldn't pass up Peggy's luscious desserts. We shared a piece of coconut cake AND a piece of Meyer lemon cake. Both were moist and wonderful with tasty fluffy frosting.

Service was friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. Cocktails were excellent. Prices for all above are quite reasonable especially considering the quality ingredients and the culinary expertise involved.

I wish we could get to Maggie's more frequently. We travel to the area about twice a year to see family members. This time we drove ten hours straight to the restaurant and had dinner before going to see our family. Maggie's is indeed "worth a journey".

Thanks Richard and Peggy !

• Visited November 2013
South Carolina
“Great find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had dinner at Maggie's this evening and happy to say it was wonderful. The fish and chips were so light and not greasy at all. Chips were pencil chips and also very light. The place is small so not much seating but I did enjoy watching the locals interact with the staff. A very good meal and prices are very reasonable. Will be returning for sure.

• Visited September 2013