“Beautiful”

and up
History and Movie Tour of Beaufort by Van
Ranked #8 of 64 things to do in Beaufort
Reviewed April 25, 2013

One of the most beautiful national cemeteries in the country. I am a history enthusiast and love this kind of stuff, but I think many others appreciate its beauty as well. Must see if traveling to Beaufort or neighboring Hunting Island State Park.

There are newer reviews for Beaufort National Cemetery

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We walked through the cemetery on a 10 K Volks walk through Beaufort (ava.org) and really found the beauty of the area to be a perfect resting place. My husband and I are both retired military and we stopped by the office. The staff is very helpful and now everything is ready when needed to make it easy for our family.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Originally visited on a Haunted Tour, went back and spent more time later. Has graves from 200 years ago through 50 years ago, with lots of stories to be told, and people of all ages and backgrounds. Can immerse yourself in it, spend hours putting all the family pieces together. Very interesting for a history buff, although some of the gravestones are getting a bit faded now.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having never visited the Arlington National Cemetery, I was slightly taken back by the sheer number of white tombstones all laid out in a grid pattern. Some were laid down around huge live oaks draped with spanish moss. Visting any other cemeteries normally would be a somber experience but not this one. Speaking for myself, it was a very touching and powerful moment that I would never forget.

1  Thank MrEdnWilbur
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This one is very big, very well laid out and well maintained. My wife is a big cemetery nut then I and she enjoyed her time spend here a lot. She loves looking at dates and such, and learned a bunch about the area