“Great Way to See the City” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Island Carriage Company

Sea Island Carriage Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Allow one of our certified tour guides and beautiful Draft horse to take you on a fully narrated historic tour through out Beautiful Beaufort South Carolina! Tours are approximately 50-55 minutes long. While on tour you will see Antebellum homes, historic sights, beautiful churches and movie sights. Come, see and enjoy what Beaufort has to offer from a horse drawn carriage.
Greenville, South Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great Way to See the City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

Very enjoyable way to learn about the culture and history of Beaufort. Guide was great.

Visited December 2011

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Made Beaufort more interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Rocky took us to all the best places. Staying in savannaj, we came up for the afternoon. We didn't know anything about the town. The tour really enhanced our brief visit.

Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Never Again. Those poor horses.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

On vacation this year, a few girlfriends and took an afternoon trip down to Beaufort, South Carolina. The town was both quaint and charming and overall lovely. We bought tickets to take a horse-drawn carriage tour with Sea Island Carriage Company. Being a "horse person" myself, I was enthusiastic to meet the horse who would be drawing our carriage that day. When my two friends and I reached the location where we were to load onto the carriage however, I was dismayed. It was clear to me as this horse approached us that he was unwell. Because I own a few horses myself, I am familiar with symptoms of ill health in equine. right off the bat I noticed a very dull coat, thinness, and a general lackluster disposition. Although I do not remember his name, i distinctly remember that the horse did have relatively rare blue eyes. Despite my initial observation however, I took the tour (it lasted about an hour) and although the guide did a decent job the fact that the horse was in poor condition left a bad taste in my mouth. I plan on returning to Beaufort again on my next vacation but sadly, I don't feel like I can contribute further to this company whose animal negligence was so apparent.

Visited June 2011
7 Thank JMatthews78
Palm Bay, Florida
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A good overview of Beaufort.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

We all thoroughly enjoyed our carriage ride through beautiful Beaufort. The tour was a good length and the guide was good. Sometimes I question some of the stories accuracy but it does make it interesting. A good carriage company overall.

“Best tour of the old south”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

Absolutely enjoyed my buggy tour. Everyone was very nice. I will bring my family back to beaufort and most definitely take them on this tour of the old south.