“You feel like family”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The staff makes you feel so welcomed. We had breakfast & came back for sandwiches for picnic lunch. Meats are all cooked fresh.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have been searching for a breakfast hangout since moving here a year ago. We tried all the tourist destinations downtown (hit or miss, usually miss), and received a gift certificate to Shoofly Kitchen last month. First of all, it has a counter! We are counter people...the breakfasts, especially the French Toast, is hot and the best in town. Omelettes are delicious. The owners and employees actually care about your experience here. Believe me, we tried all spots in Beaufort, Bluffton, and Hilton Head and this is the best!

1  Thank IPAman818
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I went there for breakfast this morning and it was sooooooo good. I ordered the crabby benedict and my husband ordered the french toast. The service was great, but the food took quite a while to get to us. The server/owner apologized twice but assured us it was worth the wait. IT WAS! IT WAS GREAT.

My husband's french toast was huge, with the perfect blend of cinnamon and powdered sugar. On the side was a lovely amount of piped whipped cream and some fresh, sliced strawberries.

My breakfast was fantastic! They start with a warm, toasted english muffin, topped with a delicious, moist, perfectly spiced, crab cake, that is then topped with an absolutely PERFECT poached egg, then dressed with an incredibly creamy and spicy hollandaise sauce.

Please do your taste buds a favor and TRY THIS. You will not be disappointed in how delicious your food is OR the delightful food coma you will lapse into afterwards. Fair warning though, the spicy hollandaise will make your nose run :)

Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you are visiting Beaufort it is well worth your time to get off the tourist path. Shoofly is what we refer to as Mid Town, an area most people will drive through. Luckily I Iive here and locals have a grapevine. Simple, clean establishment. Friendly service. The best chicken salad in town. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

What I wanted was not on the menu but the waitress was very nice and very accomodating. They put everything in my omelette that I wanted and it was not greasy. I like greasy but it was still good. Coffee was excellent and everything was timely.