“Why would you by meat any place else.”

Islands Meat Market
Ranked #53 of 163 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I used to have to drive to Hilton Heck, I'm being nice there, to the Fresh Market to get my meat. No longer. The Island Meat Market is the place to get your meat in Beaufort. I can't believe people still get meat at the "super" markets we have here. The owners are great and will do anything for you. I have taken their meats to my Vietnam Vets reunions and my bro's rave about how good it is. Watch Julian grind the meats for his ground chuck. I call it "ground charles"...too darn good to be chuck. He puts leftovers of all the good cuts right in there. There is nothing about this place I don't like. Take a couple extra minutes in your life, put down the crap they have a Publix, and drive across the street. You won't be disappointed. Also, check out the fresh ribs and chicken on the weekend. The smell will suck you in, the taste will keep you comin' back.

1  Thank CarolinaParatrooper

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Islands Meat Market has the freshest and best quality in town. Their pre-made shish-ka-bobs are delicious and attractive. Lin's chicken salad is delicious, as well as her pimiento cheese. But now she has started baking bread... rosemary, calalmata olive, potato and baguettes are in the window.
Tonight I bought her daily special: chicken enchiladas for two, very spicy and delicious. She also has shepherd pie (she is British!) and crab quiches. Tomorrow is pork and sauerkraut...
Every Saturday, Julian has the BBQ smoking in the parking lot. You can also get lunch, but there are only two tables out front. Why not take your BBQ sandwich or deli items to the waterfront park and enjoy the view?

2  Thank JosetteG200
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Islands Meatmarket is a once in a blue moon kind of place. It's not everyday you find a locally owned meat market. While on our two week vacation on Fripp Island, we stopped at Island's for some sausage for our gumbo one night. It was probably the best gumbo our family has ever prepared- or eaten for that matter. Though it had shrimp, freshly caught blue crabs, and fresh Locally grown okra, the andouille from Islands just might have been the ingredient that took this gumbo over the top!

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Lin and Julian have established the finest Meat Market that Lynne and I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. And they cater as well - did a truly great BBQ on site at our home for a party. Lin makes all sorts of special dishes - just bring them home and use - delicious! Talk about variety - look through their speciality meat displays - just about any edible meat is there. Their steaks, beef and pork cuts are truly the best. And they also serve a variety of sandwiches, ribs and the like for lunch. And if you want some special cut or preparation, they fulfill! We have been using them for years. Excellence Lives Here!! Thank you Lin and Julian!

Reviewed March 8, 2012

The Meat Market is laid back and has a customer list thatknow what they have. Pricing is very good and the selection is astonishing. They also have some special packeges each week.

1  Thank Susan J