“Best location & wonderful staff”
Review of City Loft Hotel

City Loft Hotel
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We stayed 2 nights for our anniversary and the experience was wonderful. The rooms are beautiful with just the right amount of space and features. Stephanie gave us a tour of the hotel and escorted us to our room afterwards. The hotel isn't all that attractive from the outside but the interior is so much better than many chain hotels. There was a big comfortable king sized bed, a small sitting area with a fridge, a huge walk-in shower with a rainhead and a large size soaking tub. We always try to stay at boutique hotels when we travel and this was certainly one of the best.
The area is within a block of the historic downtown area and there are several good restaurants also close by (we tried Wren & Emilie's). The staff will make arrangements for any activities (we chose a carriage ride thru the historic area) with the charge being added to the hotel bill (much more convienent). They will also provide towels & chairs for use at the beach and bikes to get around town.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for our son's Family Day and Graduation from Parris Island. What a wonderful experience!! The hotel staff was wonderful and extremely helpful - the rooms were lovely, art deco styled and CLEAN! We enjoyed the stay so much, we extended for an additional 2 days! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area. A real jewel!

Reviewed October 3, 2010

Traveled in mid-September to Beaufort with my wife and Yorkie, for some R&R. The City Loft was everything the reviews on Trip Advisor stated. The staff (Stephanie, Charlotte, Jason, et al) were great. Close to the best service I've experienced anywhere in the US, and certainly when considering the reasonable price. The room was VERY comfortable and relaxing, and I agree with previous reviews that one of the drawbacks is that you may find yourself so relaxed in the room that you'll forgo seeing the city of Beaufort. The location is fantastic. Short walk to the waterfront or to the historic area (don't forget to see the Big Chill/Great Santini house at 1 Laurens Street!).

Only had two issues during our stay, and they would NOT prevent a return:

* The noise from the street was occasionally noticeable, mainly from very loud motorcycles and/or music (you know, the kind that makes it sound like the car is going to rattle itself apart at any minute). I don't blame City Loft for this, but I do think that merchants in Beaufort, especially in the historic district, need to push for some tough ordinances on noise levels. Aside from the hotel stay that kind of noise really ruins the ambiance of this wonderful and timeless city.

* Mixed results from the City Java coffee shop. I felt the prices were a little steep for what you get, but I've been called "cheap" before so decide for yourself. The more expensive coffees, in my opinion, were not as good as the regular blend-of-the-day that were also sold. I had a cup of both and liked the regular coffee better than the Americano. My wife did not like the chai tea the first day, but the second she had a different tea and loved it. The Irish Oatmeal is AWESOME. Forget those nightmares from your childhood. A bowl of this stuff will keep you going all day!

Again, neither issue would prevent a return and I can guarentee that when my wife and I are back in the Beaufort we'll be stopping here first. Thanks to the staff at City Loft for making it a wonderful experience. Cheers!

Reviewed September 27, 2010

We decided to take a last minute weekend trip to Beaufort with our two Siberian Huskies when I discovered City Loft Hotel. Once a motel, City Loft Hotel was completely renovated into an upscale boutique hotel. The trendy remodel is a perfect match to the retro styling of the building.

Not only was the service great, every person we encountered was a pleasure. We LOVE that they are pet friendly too! You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed September 22, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at City Loft and greatly enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms and especially the bathroom were delightful.The young woman who checked us in walked us to our room and also showed us the gym facilities.They all made us feel very welcome.When we were getting ready to leave, the owner was in the parking lot and went out of his way to come over and introduce himself to us.True Southern hospitality!

Reviewed September 20, 2010

This hotel is truely spot on. The rooms are wonderfully done with nice finishes, the location perfect, the staff friendly and helpful. It was not disappointing at all. It deserves every one of those excellent ratings including mine. The only thing I regret about City Loft Hotel is that I don't own it and didn't think of it!!

Reviewed September 19, 2010

We drove from Cape Cod Ma to attend the USMC graduation. The first night we stayed in housing on base, it was a very unpleasant experience to say the least. The next day we were searching for a new place to stay and a very pleasant front desk women at the Hilton Garden hotel that was fully booked called City Loft and found out they had a room available. Upon arriving there we were greeted by a very pleasant young women who showed us one of the rooms, we were sold. The room was clean, decorated so nice, I felt like I was in a luxury hotel. The bathroom had a large tub and a 4 head shower. No special detail had been overlooked by them. The location was off a somewhat busy road but the atmosphere was calm and quiet. There is a small porch to sit on. No pool but a nice gym with steam saunas which we didn't get to try due to time. We had a great nights sleep on the memory foam mattress. Everyone there was so pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place and we cant wait to come back again some time. Thank you City Loft for making our stay so nice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
CLHGM, General Manager at City Loft Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2010

Thank you so much for your review. We are all so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff is very friendly and accommodating and I am thrilled that they made you feel so welcome. Congratulations on your Graduate - I can't tell you how much I admire our soldiers and appreciate the service to our country. I hope the next time you are down this way you will stay with again.