“Excellent pet-friendly boutique hotel in the perfect location”
Review of City Loft Hotel

City Loft Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Augusta, Georgia
“Excellent pet-friendly boutique hotel in the perfect location”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We decided to take a last minute weekend trip to Beaufort with our two Siberian Huskies when I discovered City Loft Hotel. Once a motel, City Loft Hotel was completely renovated into an upscale boutique hotel. The trendy remodel is a perfect match to the retro styling of the building.

Not only was the service great, every person we encountered was a pleasure. We LOVE that they are pet friendly too! You won’t be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Bayville, New Jersey
Reviewed September 22, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at City Loft and greatly enjoyed it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms and especially the bathroom were delightful.The young woman who checked us in walked us to our room and also showed us the gym facilities.They all made us feel very welcome.When we were getting ready to leave, the owner was in the parking lot and went out of his way to come over and introduce himself to us.True Southern hospitality!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 20, 2010

This hotel is truely spot on. The rooms are wonderfully done with nice finishes, the location perfect, the staff friendly and helpful. It was not disappointing at all. It deserves every one of those excellent ratings including mine. The only thing I regret about City Loft Hotel is that I don't own it and didn't think of it!!

Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We drove from Cape Cod Ma to attend the USMC graduation. The first night we stayed in housing on base, it was a very unpleasant experience to say the least. The next day we were searching for a new place to stay and a very pleasant front desk women at the Hilton Garden hotel that was fully booked called City Loft and found out they had a room available. Upon arriving there we were greeted by a very pleasant young women who showed us one of the rooms, we were sold. The room was clean, decorated so nice, I felt like I was in a luxury hotel. The bathroom had a large tub and a 4 head shower. No special detail had been overlooked by them. The location was off a somewhat busy road but the atmosphere was calm and quiet. There is a small porch to sit on. No pool but a nice gym with steam saunas which we didn't get to try due to time. We had a great nights sleep on the memory foam mattress. Everyone there was so pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place and we cant wait to come back again some time. Thank you City Loft for making our stay so nice.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
CLHGM, General Manager at City Loft Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2010
Thank you so much for your review. We are all so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff is very friendly and accommodating and I am thrilled that they made you feel so welcome. Congratulations on your Graduate - I can't tell you how much I admire our soldiers and appreciate the service to our country. I hope the next time you are down this way you will stay with again.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2010

City Loft Hotel in Beaufort, SC is creating magic one guest at a time. This hotel only has a very few rooms which I love. Last May my wife and I stayed at City Loft at the recommendation of a friend. It was just terrific. Great service, Fabulous room, Nice little cafe for light snacks, free wifi and the perfect location, right downtown. Recently I had to be in Bluffton which is 30 miles away but we stayed at City Loft. That is how good it is. I know a bit about quality and value since I ran Disney World Operations for ten years. Have a magical day.
.Lee Cockerell
Walt Disney World
Executive Vice President(Retired)
www.LeeCockerell.com

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Cockerell,
Thank you so much for your fabulous review. It's particularly special coming from someone with standards as high as yours! I appreciate you making a special trip to Beaufort just to stay at City Loft Hotel. The staff and I hope to see you again very soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Very European ....with that wonderful down-south hospitality. Style was remeniscent of a hotel we stayed at in Stockholm several years ago. Very chic ... clean ... perfect for our get-away weekend. Hospitaly was "southern" at its very best! And loved the Coffee Shop and its amenities being right on site.

1 Thank poppop4
CLHGM, General Manager at City Loft Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2010
Hi PopPop! Thank you so much for the great compliments. I love being compared to a hotel in Sweden and am thrilled that you enjoyed our Southern Hospitality. City Java & News kick starts a perfect day with great coffee and espresso drinks or a late afternoon glass of wine. I hope that you will be able to get back to Beaufort soon and stay with us again. Happy traveling.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Business travel can be no fun at times but City Loft was a very welcome surprise. A recent work assignment took me to Beaufort and I must say that I wasn't really looking forward to it. But City Loft changed my perceptions quickly. The staff was warm, friendly and most accomodating with directions and dinner recommendations. They personally walked me down to my room and I must say, the pictures on the web site do not begin to describe the accomdations. I felt like I was in a spa-resort! Not only am I leaving a post on TripAdvisor but I personally called each of my co-workers to tell them about this wonderful gem.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank LoveMyMiniCooper
Thank you so much for your great review! I know it's hard to travel for business and I am happy that you found an oasis in City Loft Hotel. I love our business travelers and cater to the tired souls who are working while in Beaufort. On your next trip to Beaufort keep in mind that we offer room service delivery from Saltus River Grill, Breakwater and Wren. We can deliver it right to your room with a bottle of wine or choice of beer in case you need to stay in and work or just want to enjoy your room. Come back soon and Happy Travels!