“made our visit special”
Review of City Loft Hotel

City Loft Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed April 10, 2010

We actually came to City Lofts because the B&Bs were booked. (We normally stay at B&Bs.) Great luck for us. City Loft was just as funky and fun as advertized. The room was excellent with an outstanding bath. I love a soaking tub but have seldom been in one as good as this one. Our 'Destination Beaufort' package included gift certificates for the coffee shop downstairs, for Nippy's, and for carriage rides for us both. We recommend each of these even without certificate. City Loft is just a block from shopping and river and abuts the lovely historic district covered by the tour, a nice spot to walk from. One comment: City Loft's building was formerly a motel and despite the updates retains a little of that look externally. This gave us pause before we saw the room (remember we are B&B folks). Do not be deterred at all by this; City Loft made our visit to Beaufort special.

Reviewed April 6, 2010

Hotel has a great look... very cool/eclectic-looking yet quaint with outdoor seating areas and coffee cafe. Right across the street from two great restaurants and in the heart of city for close shopping, carriage tours, etc. Most impressive are the rooms... loved the cool walk-in shower, great pillow-top bed, plasma tvs in the bathroom and bedroom, great modern decor throughout... definitely has a designer touch, but so comfortable too.
Everyone so friendly... helped me with my bags, got my ice, showed me directions. I've paid much more and didn't receive half the service.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Becky7070
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I visited Beaufort SC recently and stayed a the new City Loft Hotel. I had heard it was a modern boutique hotel with all the amenities of the big city but was beyond impressed when I saw it for myself. Not only are the rooms impeccable with the most thoughtful touches, like the ipod docking station, the divine bath products and a TV that you can view from the yummy soaking tub but the service was second to none. The owner took me on a personal tour and told me the story of how the hotel was conceived. The location is key - you can literally get anywhere from Carteret (sp?) and there are two excellent restaurants right across the street. It felt like a slice of heaven - the bedding is like a cloud and the decor was modern and clean. We used to stay at the bed and breakfast there but never again! We've found our new Atlanta quick trip at City Loft. Oh and don't get me started on the ham biscuit and coffee at City Java, right downstairs...yum!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2010

My wife and I stayed at City Loft for one night on a quick getaway from our home in Savannah. City Loft was an older roadside motel that has been COMPLETELY renovated to a small boutique hotel that is comparable to many of the best luxury chain hotels. Our experience at City Loft was outstanding with its trendy decor, spacious bathroom with sunken tub and separate rain shower, flat screen TVs (including one in the bathroom), and comfortable bedding. The attached coffee shop and fitness center are added bonuses. A must if you visit Beaufort!!

1  Thank jeffpk
Reviewed March 23, 2010

"Like the W in San Francisco for a fraction of the cost!" exclaimed my husband on entering the room. We were relieved at the hig-end amenities of the room given that our initial impression was that this was clearly a recently renovated motel (rooms with outdoor corridors around a parking lot.). The room did not disappoint-- extremely comfortable king bed with nice linens, soaking tub, and rain shower. We are not big breakfast eaters, so the Starbucks-type cafe on the property was perfect for breakfast. Location was great--walking distance to a variety of restaurants, including two options nearby that offered "room service" and cute shops. The folks in the office were very helpful and eager to please. The rooms on the upper floor might provide a bit more privacy--but we stayed on the lower floor and it was fine. Very good value in Beaufort.

Reviewed March 23, 2010

My wife and I stayed four nights at this "perfect getaway". The staff clearly defines Southern Hospitality with their natural personalities and desire to please their customers. Everyone was friendly, helpful and excited to have us. We would put the City Loft against any major hotel chain and the City Loft wins hands down. Excellent job and see you again!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I want to visit Beaufort, SC again, just to stay at City Loft and enjoy all the surrounding restaurants and shopping. The hotel was beautiful. The room felt like being at home in my own bedroom. The little details from the Bee Kind products, to the 6am coffee-sweets shop, to the decor, to the electronic docs. The best of all was the shower head in the ceiling, it felt like a waterfall, I didn't to leave the shower. Like other reviews, the bed was so comfy. Yes, there is a flat screen in the bathroom and in the room. Everything is located within 1 to 2 blocks, including the waterfront. The beautiful homes and trees that surround, are great to walk around. Free internet, strong signal too. Stay Here and eat at the local places....Blackstone's, Plum's, Wren, Breakwater, Saltus...(Nippy's sounds good but didn't have time to eat there).......Beautiful Beaufort...thank you xoxo (Good discount to military families)