“Good choice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wren Bistro

Wren Bistro
Ranked #4 of 160 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Wren Bistro and Bar is a locally owned and operated restaurant and bar that features an ever evolving menu for both lunch and dinner. The kitchen uses delicious locally caught seafood, great cuts of steak, juicy chicken, and tasty pasta dishes. The portions are enormous (the 18 oz ribeye, and the 12-14 oz burgers for example!) and are easily big enough to share. We compliment the lunch and dinner menus with a staff of professional servers and bartenders who are very knowledgeable, always courteous, and very entertaining. The décor is elegant, yet modern and hip. So, if you and yours are looking for a great experience, and even better food, come check us out anytime Monday through Saturday, between 11 a.m. and 10 p.m. Reservations are not required, but always welcomed!
Florida
“Good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had a nice meal here. My wife and I split the seafood pasta. There is a $6 charge for splitting but it was more than the two of us could eat. I think they give you more when you split an entree. Service was attentive, the pear salad was excellent, as was the bread and olive oil. A good dinner at a fair price in a nice setting.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bonden-in-Florida

Mansfield, Georgia
“Wonderful chicken salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Great food, service. location and atmosphere. The prices are a little high, but the quality of the food and service is worth it. If you like chicken salad, you'll love theirs!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Michelle K
Cape Coral
“Fantastic choice for a great meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We came into Beaufort for a few days and walked around downtown scoping out the area. This place looked very appealing and my boyfriend's suggestion we dine there couldn't have been a better choice. The steak was absolutely mouthwatering, the seafood light and prepared perfectly. The wine we paired with our meal was fantastic. Great service and very knowledgeable staff.

2 Thank Melody Z
Beaufort, SC
“WREN IS GREAT! GET OFF OF THIS SITE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have eaten-WITH GREAT SATISFACTION-at WREN plenty of times since I moved to Beaufort two years ago. A friend of mine is coming to town soon and asked me to recommend a great local restaurant for us to go to when she gets to Beaufort. With WREN being one of my favs, I naturally told her that's WHERE we were going first because the food, value, service, and atmosphere can't be beat!

So, she calls me this morning and questions my recommendation because she reads CarolinaPacko's "Huge Huge Disappointment" review dated Aug. 6, 2012, and is worried about what he wrote. You know, it's my fault for not getting on here sooner to POSITIVELY review the greatness of WREN and other places I've been, but I can't stand these sites for reasons I'll explain. However, WREN is one of the best in town! Is it perfect? No? Have they made a mistake on my food or has my service been less meticulous? Yes! But the one time when they did make a mistake I SPOKE UP AND SAID SOMETHING!!! And you know what, we got our drinks for free and the steak that was over cooked was remade for free!

THIS IS WHY I REALLY DON'T LIKE SITES LIKE THIS: I read CarolinaPacko's review, which was the one that my friend specifically mentioned. I eased her by pointing out to her that the guy's review doesn't give specific examples of "the worst service I've experienced" or "below average food". What he DOES spend a lot of words on is the PRICE. So, I'm willing to bet that everything was fine until the guy got the bill and STICKER SHOCK set in. But, it was too late to complain because the meal was over and who wants to seem like a cheapskate in front of their other guests? So he was mad about it, and to save face at the table, he spinelessly took a cheap shot at a great restaurant on TripAdvisor. I'm not saying that this is what happened, but his lack of specifics leave him open to being questioned and, in my opinion, make his review worth less than used toilet paper. THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO TAKE THESE REVIEWS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT! GO OUT, HAVE YOU OWN EXPERIENCES, AND MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND!!! I'm fired up enough that I had to defend my recommendation to my friend over a questionable TripAdvisor review that I signed up here to give reviews that give specific examples of good or bad service, food, value, or atmosphere. WREN will likely be my first stop. And so my friend and I WILL be dining at Wren very soon, and I resolve to give SPECIFIC examples of my experiences. If we get bad service or food, I'll speak up and report what SPECIFICALLY happened and how the restaurant handled it! THAT'S WHAT MAKES A GOOD RESTAURANT GREAT!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: I don't know about you, but usually I'm seeing a restaurant at its best when they are making good on a mistake or bad service. But, if you're too "embarrassed" to say anything, no one is going to read your mind. Get over yourself and speak up. Yes, the service should be good enough to begin with, but restaurants are run by fallible humans. And reviews are written by the same.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank 219TIMETODINE
South Carolina
“Huge huge disapointment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

The service was the worst I've experienced in what should be considered an "upscale" restaurant. The food was below average, and they either made a mistake on our bill or padded it, but I didn't complain, paid it and got out. I was embarrassed as we took an out of town friend there and her son who had just made Sergeant in the Marine Corps. She had one glass of wine, the Marine a Coke. Deb and I had a couple of drinks and the bill was over $250 bucks. I could take people to Magnolias in Charleston, have drinks, dinner, 3 bottles of wine, dessert, and after dinner drinks for $400. This was our last time at Wrens. If the management reads this, it was my responsibility to have said something at the time, and I regret that, but I was truly so embarrassed, all I wanted to do was leave.

Visited May 2012