“Crab cakes you just have to try”

Magnolia Bakery Cafe
Ranked #33 of 163 Restaurants in Beaufort
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

By far the best crab cakes in Beaufort, and the best I've tried anywhere. It's hard to truly describe how good they are so I suggest you try them if you're in the Beaufort area!

1  Thank Ian M

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I return to Magnolia for lunch whenever we are back in Beaufort. We always have the crab cakes. They are delicious and in my opinion the best in Beaufort. Thick, not greasy, no fillers and unnecessary seasonings, just pure delicious crab.
The shaded outside patio overlooking the river is a lovely place to eat. Service can be a bit hit and miss at times but the servers are always friendly and helpful.

2  Thank foo52
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed this place. It has a small town feel, as the staff knew many of the patrons. The food was great. I especially enjoyed the oatmeal molasses bread. The portions are just right. :)

1  Thank aoanne
Reviewed February 25, 2013

With a view of the river an the bend in the major road thru town this place has everything. The sandwiches are freshly made and hearty. It is a great place for lunch with the gang or on the run. The quiche fare is also great, if you are not a sandwich person.

1  Thank Grandogger
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped in Sunday morning after our walking tour of the lovely houses in The Point area of Beaufort, SC shortly after opening. The fresh pastries and aromas smelled amazing. We were quickly seated in the naturally lit porch-like dining area and ordered coffee and juice. It took a surprising amount of time to get our beverages and the waitress forgot the cream. Seeing that there was only one other couple in the restaurant, the delays weren't a result of being too busy. Our orders arrived much more timely and the food was delicious. There's not much you can do to dress up eggs, but the sausage patties, potato casserole and whole wheat toast was really tasty and showed some special attention to ingredients and preparation in the kitchen. We will return to try the lunch menu

2  Thank rhornad1