“Horrible hospitality”

Howard Johnson Inn Beaufort/Parris Island
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The gentleman gave us a room key that wouldn't even let us in the building. We spent 20 mins outside in the cold fighting to get in before we went to another door. The front desk clerk was very rude at breakfast he told us how to get toaster to work the microwave was running to. No one could get it to work we asked for help. I will never return there.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I had made reservations for this hotel way in advance but upon arriving it still took over a half hour to check in. So many mistakes first they said I didnt have reservations so I took out my copy of confirmation and the found my room by my wyndham rewards # then they had 2 rooms for 1 night I reserved 1 room handicapped and smoking for 2 nights.After saying I made my reservations through Wyndham Rewards they gave me a room on second floor non smoking .I asked if this was a smoking room and the reply was oh you wanted a smoking room? so they changed that to smoking room still on second floor after all the time it took I wasnt about to stand there and change to handicapped.But the most annoying part all this was under the name Jennifer Murton instead of my name which is Katherine Martin even though they had my address and rewards number so I may not even get the rewards for staying which the last time I checked it was applied to my account. Once again I get cheated on reward points .The clerk at the front desk was quite irrated but I had nothing to do about that end of the reservation I was glad to bring my printed confirmation with me or I may never have gotten my room. The room on the other hand was a bit lower grade than I've had in the past. The bed was totally disgusting, it had brown stains all over the cover of the box spring and it was very uncomfortable it felt like the mattress needed to be replaced and the pad cover on the bed wasn't even the right size. It was a smoking room with no ashtrays.The floor in the bathroom was filthy and the tub had stains in it .When they came to get the dirty towels they didnt even leave us clean hand towels and and the other bath towel that they took .I have nothing else to say because it brings back memories that I dont care to remember but I will not be staying at that Howard Johnson again.

1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel property is an older property, but maintained. We stayed here for my son's graduation from Parris Island. 10/08-10/11/13 The gentleman that checked us in was very friendly and helpful. When we arrived they just steamed cleaned all room carpets and halls had a nice fesh smell and our room was clean we didn't see one bug! House keeping did a nice job. Breakfast was good - loved the waffles! I would say here again.
Thanks - Ed

Room Tip: Rear rooms face the water
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Room not as clean as would be expected. Sliding door would not lock. Comforters soiled with soil, spots.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends