“my husband and i love to stay at this hotel. it has a great...”

Howard Johnson Inn Beaufort/Parris Island
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed April 20, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Came to visit my daughter and decided to stay at super 8. I enjoyed my stay, rooms were nice and clean, staff was friendly and helpul. I talked to the manager now this is the place for me to stay every time I visit my daughter. I already passed a word rest of my family members. Thank you all for making my stay comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This "MOTEL" has the worst customer service that I have ever dealt with in my entire life. I was in town for Marine Corp graduation and reserved a room for 3 nights via the phone and a different state. When I got into town, I realized that this location/hotel was not the place I should have been so I called to cancel. Because I did not give a 24 hour notice, I was told my card would be charged one night ONLY. After raising his voice at me and becoming extremely rude when I called him out, I told him (the manager) that his customer service "sucked" he pretty much told me oh well, that I'd get over it and then hung up on me. I was livid. I found the corporate website and sent an e-mail. Monday, the following week, there was yet another charge on my credit card. I called the man back and again, so so rude. He told me he would NOT refund the money. When I told him I filed a complaint and would file another, he told me "go ahead!" SO I DID. I called Wyndham Hotels and filed a complaint against the manager, Mr. Harry Patel. Do yourself a fave and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Find another hotel all together. Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I prefer nicer hotels, but Thursdays in Beaufort are usually booked early due to the USMC's every Friday graduations of new Marines. This hotel is not posh, but for the $77.40 I paid, it is acceptable. The room and linens were clean and did not smell musty. My biggest complaints are the flimsy lock on the sliding glass door and walls that allow every noise to come through.

The man at the front desk did not exactly ooze charm, but was courteous and professional. The breakfast was only standard fare, which turned out to be a good thing, because we passed on it and ate at Blackstone's Cafe in the historic district.

Room Tip: Choose a 2nd-floor room on the river side for the view and to avoid having a sliding glass door with...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family