Howard Johnson Inn Beaufort/Parris Island
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Hoorah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

We are here for my brother who is graduating from Parris Island. I just love this property. couldn't wait to write about it. the view is amazing. pillowtop mattresses are very comfortable and the hot waffle I just had made my day. We are going to the base to see my brother now. have fun.

Room Tip: get a marsh view if available
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank brenda k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed here for couple nights while visiting beaufort and I was very satisfied with this property. The room was nicley furnished and the management was very helpful as well. Hotel had free breakfast which was good. Overall a nice stay and will visit this property next time I am in beaufort.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank michael040950
Beaufort, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We checked in and checked out the next day because the bed bug infestation was so bad you could see them crawling and our luggage ended up infected. They charged us for the 2nd night because they claimed our reservation took precident over our decision to leave. The smells are unbearabe in the non smoking rooms and they claim to have internet service but it didn't work. When we called about the internet service, they claimed to not understand English. Disgusting hotel.

Room Tip: The worse hotel in Beaufort SC. Anywhere but here.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank dcksc

Travelers are raving about these Beaufort hotels

Summerville, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

Room 106. Glass sliding door was broken. Didn't realize, cut my finger trying to close the door. Harry Patel, the supposed manager gave me a band aide! Told me thats all he could do for me. Called an ambulance & loudly in front of my 5yo said that I was mentally unstable... told me common sense was to shut the door with the handle, not the glass, mind you I was using the handle, only glass was sticking out... Sorry I didn't check the pane for broken glass??? really? I called corporate, of course they're a franchise property & have a week to resolve the matter before corp can step in. GO FIGURE! also my daughter & I have horrible bites all over our bodies, after researching online it appears we have bed bugs. Heading to the doc Monday morning...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank 07Tiffany2011
Joshua, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

Me and my wife stayed here on our way to Columbia, SC and were very satisfied with the hotel, staff, service and overall quality of the hotel. Hotel offered free breakfast and high speed internet which was a plus. I highly recommend this place to all my family and friends as well as any people visiting beaufort.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Haverhill, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

Needed to get a room for two during a very very busy week in the Beaufort area.
Was basically forced to stay here due to money issues. We should have just rented a car and slept in the trunk. This place looks nice from the outside. It's the inner workings that are TERRIBLE!!! Starting with the totally ignorant, arrogant, management. One look at them and it is clear that they have no care in the world about you, ONLY YOUR MONEY.
Our room had a safe that didn't work, a shower head clogged with something, a box spring that had some sort of brown stain on it, a telephone from the Ramada Inn in North Carolina, and the phone was covered with a brown sticky GOO. Didn't even work, was just there for looks. No fire escape information posted near the door, no maximum/minimum rate charts posted near the door. The sliding door was locked with a nut and bolt. VERY VERY SAFE HOTEL. NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR THE COCKROACHES.
This place is a DUMP!!! Plus it's run by people who just don't care!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away fro HO JO's
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank MADERVP
Alpena, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

This hotel needs some serious work.....the hallways are filthy, the keyless entry cards only work occasionally, and it is basically poorly maintained. Price was high and room was really not great. There were no bugs....and the sheets and pillows were clean...but overall it just gave you a dirty feeling. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family