“Enjoyed So Much”
Review of The Beaufort Inn

The Beaufort Inn
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed August 31, 2014

My Husband and I stayed at The Beaufort Inn for our 35th Anniversary. Every person we met who worked there was friendly & helpful. Clean, comfortable, perfect location in the historic district. Walking distance to the Waterfront and Restaurants/Bars. Looking forward to my return to Beaufort, SC.

Room Tip: I suggest Sweetgrass Restaurant & Bar at Dataw Island marina.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sandra C, General Manager at The Beaufort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2014

Hi Cheryl Y.,

Congratulations on your 35th Anniversary! I am delighted that you chose to stay at The Beaufort Inn for this special occasion. We strive to make every moment a positively memorable experience and I appreciate knowing that our team of staff members made a favorable impression. No matter the season, Beaufort is a wonderful place to visit - I hope you will return soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,284)

Reviewed August 28, 2014

The ideal luxury bed and breakfast inn. Perfect location for visiting Beaufort, great breakfast, lovely rooms, lots of charm, and wonderful service. There are many different styles and types of room so check the inn's website to see which type of room best suits your taste. We stayed in a garden cottage room and couldn't have been more pleased. The room included a private porch overlooking a garden courtyard a beautifully furnished bedroom room, and a large bathroom with separate shower and soaking bathtub that is simply fantastic. The staff was exceptional. Breakfasts were wonderful not just for the outstanding food but also the friendly chef and servers. If you want the look and feel of staying in a luxury Southern home with all the services of a fine hotel, the Beaufort inn is the perfect choice.

Room Tip: The garden cottage rooms are wonderful. Located on a garden courtyard right behind the main inn bui...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sandra C, General Manager at The Beaufort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear Allan J.,
Thank you for your lovely review. You captured so well what makes The Beaufort Inn a special place - "the look and feel of staying in a luxury Southern home with all the services of a fine hotel" - this is what we describe as the Quintessential Lowcountry Experience! Our renovated historic cottages and houses, the verdant courtyards and gardens and our amenities including Southern Graces Bistro and The Beaufort Day Spa, sprinkled with a large dose of Southern hospitality, combine to create a truly unique, welcoming and memorable experience. I will share with staff your compliments. Everyone needs to enjoy this and we have, as you mentioned, accommodations that will suit most everyone's style and taste. I hope you will make a return visit. Beaufort, SC has so much to offer and The Beaufort Inn is in the heart of it all! Look for our new website coming within the next several weeks!

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Spent a wonderful overnight at the Inn. The original room we booked was very hot so they upgraded us to a suite instead and asked if it was all right. The suite was large and nicely furnished. The Inn itself is very pretty with a three story circular staircase. The breakfast was great with several choices and the ability to have eggs or omelets custom made. The restaurant on premises is also one of the best in Beaufort. My only complaint was the lack of availability to get a cold drink at night. They have no vending machines or other service and the stores in town all closed at 5 or 6 o'clock.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and for acknowledging our efforts to ensure that your experience at The Beaufort Inn was comfortable and enjoyable. Also, I appreciate your mention of Southern Graces Bistro and the breakfast included as part of your accommodation - it is a guest favorite.

I like getting guest feedback from guest about ways we can improve our service. I hope you will be pleased to know that we are in the process of putting a mini-refrigerator in every guest room to make it possible for guests to keep cold drinks and snacks within easy reach. We are also giving serious consideration to offering soft drinks, juices and water as a gift shop item. Until then from Tuesday through Saturday Southern Graces Bistro is open for dinner. They gladly provide soft drinks to our guests when requested. I hope we will see you again soon! Fall is a beautiful time of year in Beaufort!

Reviewed August 27, 2014

My wife and I just completed our third stay at the Beaufort Inn and we enjoyed every minute. We have stayed in three different rooms and this one (#25) was probably our favorite. The upstairs Garden Cottage is very nice - with vaulted ceilings and a private balcony. Very quiet setting. And so close to great restaurants and the waterfront!

Our two night stay included breakfast each morning. As usual, the breakfast was outstanding (more so the first day) and included fresh made blackberry and cream cheese french toast, a hash brown casserole, grits, bacon, and fresh fruit. Our second day's breakfast, while still good, seemed more like 'leftovers' from the day before.

The staff was very friendly and check in/out was very efficient. We hope to return next year!

Room Tip: Lots of wonderful rooms to choose from. For a quieter stay, I'd suggest a second floor garden c...

Dear Paulnnc71,

Thank you for your very kind review. And even more thank you's for being a loyal Beaufort Inn guest! The Garden Cottage accommodations are a guest favorite and Room 25 is also one of my favorites! There are so many wonderful details in this room - the décor and furnishings, the porch balcony overlooking the Garden Courtyard, the claw foot soaking tub and large rain water shower - all combine for a luxurious and relaxing experience. I will share with Chef Hewitt your compliments as well as your observation about breakfast. I appreciate your feedback, we want every moment of your stay to be positively memorable! Next year will be here before we know it, We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Excellent stay, rooms are outstanding and the breakfast is superior. I recommend that you do a the Spirit of Old Beaufort tour. There number 843 535-0459. The address is 1001 Bay Street, Beaufort S.C 29902.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

It is wonderful that your Father's Day gift was an excellent experience! Thank you for the compliments in your review. We make every effort to meet guest expectations. Beaufort and The Beaufort Inn offer guests many opportunities to get up close and personal with notable history - there are many tours available - all very informative. I agree with you that The Spirit of Old Beaufort is one of them. Hopefully you will return again....maybe with a Christmas or Birthday Gift?

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We stayed at the Beaufort Inn last weekend and had an overall wonderful experience. Since the 1990s it's been one of my favorite places to stay in a town that's now called, deservingly, America's Happiest Seaside Town. Whether you stay in the centuries-old main house or in one of the many posh cottages you'll be swept off your feet by the charm and hospitality. The inn is conveniently situated just a couple of blocks from the marina and waterfront park. Great Lowcountry restaurants, like Emily's and the Bull Tavern, are just steps from your door.

My only gripe is that I had originally requested an upstairs Garden Cottage but was given instead a downstairs one. The cottages are in the back of the main house in the lovely, fragrant courtyard. The rooms have an airy, cozy feel with modern amenities like spacious marbled bathrooms that include a soaking tub and a shower with a rain head and multiple jets.

Room Tip: The cottages are my favorite room choice. For the historical inn experience stay in the main house.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Sandra C, General Manager at The Beaufort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear Sistercity,
As a frequent visitor you've surely witness the many positive changes taking place in Beaufort. It's place in history and historic sites, the remarkable location on the Intracoastal Waterway and the many wonderful restaurants and shops contribute to Beaufort's national acclaim. Most recently Beaufort was rated #3 by Fodor's and #7 by Smithsonian Magazine as the Best Small Town to Visit. Our small and wonderful town has definitely hit the map!

Thank you for your kind words about The Beaufort Inn and our unique and convenient location within Beaufort's Historic District. Most everything is within walking distance. Guests are often surprised to learn that the Inn occupies the entire town block. And I agree that we have many "posh" cottages and historic buildings. The Garden Cottages are definitely a guest favorite - especially the upstairs rooms with their private and cozy porches and vaulted ceilings. I regret that you did not get the room you requested. Our rooms are so unique that when a guest makes a special request we do not as a practice make changes without guest permission. When you book your next reservation for the Garden Cottages (room 24 or 25) please tell the Guest Services Agent to let me know. I hope you will visit soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Spent the night in Beaufort at the Beaufort Inn. Had a beautiful room (room 5) with a private balcony (see photo). Wife and I polished off a bottle of wine sitting on the balcony enjoying the evening breeze. Minutes walk to historic district with shopping and dining at every turn. Excellent breakfast in the morning. The chef makes a killer omelet. Would have given 5 stars but the street lamp outside our room kept the room partially lit all through the night.

Dear Richard H.,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay in one of our Historic Queen accommodations. The private balcony that adjoins room 5 is often a very pleasant surprise and quickly becomes a guest favorite. I regret that the street lamps impacted your stay. Beaufort's new streetscape project includes the installation of historically correct street lamps. When these new lamp posts were installed, we realized immediately that had the potential to impact guests and immediately ordered room darkening drapery for room 5 and all other rooms that have a lamp post nearby. The installation is scheduled two weeks from the writing of this note to you. I hope you will visit again. I will be delighted to show you the improvements we've made to ensure that you will have a positively memorable experience!