“Southern Hospitality is real at Beaufort Inn SC. Enjoy it.”
Review of The Beaufort Inn

The Beaufort Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed October 2, 2008

Beaufort Inn was a wonderful choice, the essense of Southern hospitality. It's the people who make this such a delightful place to stay. Breakfast is a marvelous change from the usual B&B fare - chef prepares omlette to your order, and there is a generous selection of cereals, fresh fruit, toast and muffins, plus juices, teas, and coffee. Everyone on the staff was more than helpful. Accommodations are traditional and comfortable. It's charming, not elegant, but beds are excellent, bathrooms have new pluming fixtures, and our TV had a DVD player. Wireless highspeed internet is free and works well in the public space. It was easy and comfortable for me to find a quiet table to work for several hours on my computer each day while we were at Beaufort Inn. This was our 2nd week staying at Beaufort Inn, which we feel is our home in South Carolina while we're building a house. Being within walking distance of several excellent restaurants is another big plus for Beaufort Inn. We're looking forward to returning again next week. Incidently, in the last 2 1/2 years, we have have stayed at 5 other properties in Beaufort and none compares to Beaufort Inn. The people there care about their guests.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolinagarden
There are newer reviews for The Beaufort Inn

Reviewed September 14, 2008

We just returned from our first trip to Beaufort and our one night stay at the Beaufort Inn. We found it to be a very lovely inn. Since we were traveling with two other couples we stayed in the Beau Loft, which is a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment located on Bay Street just up the street from the inn. The accommodations there could not have been nicer. The whole place was decorated beautifully and very clean. Everyone we came in contact with at the inn was friendly and helpful. The wine and cheese in the afternoon was so nice and we were impressed with the generous buffet breakfast with made to order omelets. Everyone in our party would most definitely stay at the Beaufort Inn in the future.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank BoysBaBa
Reviewed September 6, 2008

What a wonderful inn! After reading the mixed reviews we were surprised with the overall standard of this charming Inn. Not only was it gorgeous, the service and the friendliness of the staff were impeccable. This was our first stay at "The Beaufort Inn" indeed, we did not know of its existence until my girlfriend stumbled across it on this website. My girlfriend and I were absolutely "wowed" with this Inn. Sparkling clean, deliciously comfortable bed. The omelet station for breakfast was great, along with the fried, green tomatoes! Would definitely stay here if visit this quiet, southern town again. Highly recommended for a romantic getaway!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2008

After reading the mixed reviews we were pleasantly surprised with the overall standard of this charming Inn. The room was simple yet elegantly furnished with no evidence of the generic, modern hotel furnishings and features found elsewhere. Nice touches like having the bed turned down at night, afternoon wine & cheese (although some classical music would be nice - did they forget?), verandas with rocking chairs, along with the 'stately' Inn setting, made this a truly enjoyable experience. The omellette station for breakfast was also welcome, along with the fried, green tomatoes! Although the bathroom showed signs of wear & tear, this did not detract from our stay. Would definitely stay here if visit this quiet, southern town again.

Kay of Windsor

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2008

Hmmm, I see the Inn has mixed reviews. Maybe it is because I am Australian and I am treated differently ??? but I found the staff helpful, polite and courteous at all times. I did not choose this hotel as I was with my husband on a conference so I did not do my usual background checking in advance.
The food was divine, I absolutely loved the meals I ate there. I did find our room however (we were in the Main House) very small and awkwardly arranged. The whole tv thing didn't work for me or the phone on the chair on the other side of the room. I did love having those nice outdoor verandahs to catch my breath with a cocktail and a good book late afternoon. The location was convenient but then Beaufort is so small I can't imagine an inconvenient location. Would I stay there again? Think I would do my tripadvisor homework first.

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Don't be discouraged by the 6 out of 9 ranking... it just shows that this B&B has good competition in a city that prides itself on its B&Bs. The Beaufort Inn is quite charming, especially for couples. It has a great location, though if you're looking for a marshview or riverview, check somewhere else out. The restaurant is pricey, but one of the best places to eat in the city.

The rooms are smaller, but are incredibly clean and charming. Definitely a great place for romantics or couples!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beaufort-tiger
Reviewed May 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Beaufort Inn, Room 9, on April 23, 2007, our nineteenth wedding anniversary. We appeared at the front desk about 1:30 p.m. on the 23rd. We knew that check-in was at 3 p.m., but thought we might be permitted to check-in early. We based this thought on years of traveling where if we had arrived early, innkeepers at the very least would tell us that they would make efforts to have a room ready as soon as possible.

We were not granted even this courtesy, rather we were dismissed, simply and abruptly being told that check-in time was 3 p.m. I was surprised by the lack of graciousness, especially at an inn that prides itself on Southern Hospitality. I cannot help but wonder if I had not asked about parking, if we would have been told about the available parking spaces in the lot associated with the in. (This lot is not visible from the check-in desk.)

Although the room and breakfast were adequate (not extraordinary), I felt that at the Beaufort Inn, my husband and I were treated as merely customers, not guests. Unfortunately, I must concur with the reviewer who asked, "Where's the Southern Hospitality?" and therefore would not recommend the Beaufort Inn.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple