“Visiting the low country”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Beaufort Inn

The Beaufort Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
florida
“Visiting the low country”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here with our dog overnight on the way to her college orientation. I was really pleased that they took small dogs and that when we arrived we were put in a charming room in building with a porch for the night. Only some rooms are dog friendly. They require that you contact them about bringing your dog and they do charge a fee for dogs but it is reasonable. They also require a hefty but refundable pet deposit. The best part of our stay was the dining room. Wow for the food!! It was a 10. Absolutely delicious. I would go back just for the scallops. It is also a nice town for walking along the waterfront after dinner. Very enjoyable for all, including the dog. I would actually rate this inn a 4.5 just because it was so charming. For me a B&B is more about the experience then the fine linens. My only complaints would be that there was a room above ours and we could hear the guests in that room because of the flooring. Also, the wi-fi kept cutting out which wasn't good for my daughter who was taking an online placement test for her college classes. I would also say that the bedding was more a 3.5 star then a 5 but it was very clean and we had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank triptidbits
Sandra C, General Manager at The Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We want to be sure that all guests have the Quintessential Lowcountry Experience and are always striving to improve all aspects of our service. Thank you for pointing out what is important to your experience. The restaurant on site, Southern Graces Bistro, is southern cooking at its finest. They provide all of our guests with a complimentary chef prepared breakfast. The pet friendly rooms are always a plus for animal lovers that want to travel with their pets. We hope you and your daughter enjoyed the college orientation and that one day in the future you will both come back and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful place to kick back and unwind. We stayed in the Caretaker's Cottage and the price is definitely reasonable. Free breakfast and walking distance from all the major sights. As we are traveling with my 13 year old autistic son accommodations are very important. Everyone here has been amazing!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your kind review. The Caretaker’s Cottage is one of our larger accommodations with King and Queen sleeping rooms, living room, dining room, and kitchen making it perfect for a family or friends travelling together. The Beaufort Inn has the luxury of being just blocks from many dining and shopping options. I am thrilled you enjoyed your time with us. Please come back and visit again.
Stockbridge, GA
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Beaufort Inn has all kinds of southern charm. We arrived early and was able to drop off our car so we could walk around and explore Beaufort. Our room was large with a lovely porch. The breakfast buffet was really good with made-to-order omlets, french toast, grits, fresh fruit, muffins, bacon and sausage. Our only slight dissatisfaction was that our king size bed was actually two beds put together. The problem was that you could feel the separation in the middle, We also could have used a suitcase carrier in the room. We would certainly recommend this inn and would come back again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I greatly appreciate it and wanted you to know that we have improved the room where you stayed by making it an Historic Queen accommodation. I hope that you will return and experience one of our Luxury King rooms – I promise no separation in the middle! Our daily chef prepared breakfast is a fantastic way to get your southern vacation started. There is wonderful shopping and dining just a block from The Beaufort Inn and it sounds like you had some time to enjoy it. We are delighted you enjoyed your time in Beaufort.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Beaufort Inn from July 8th - 10th. We had a great time in Beaufort, and the Beaufort Inn was the perfect place to stay. The Inn owns the entire block, and there are various lodgings on the grounds. My wife and I stayed in room 15 and had a private parking space. The location downtown proved to be ideal for walking anywhere in town. All the Inn and Southern Graces staff were friendly and professional - I would also like to say that Ashley (front desk of the inn) was the best staff member of any hotel I've stayed at. She went above and beyond to insure my wife and I had a wonderful vacation. If you are wondering where to stay while in Beaufort, you should stay here!

Room Tip: Room 15 was beautiful, quiet, private, and had direct street access.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Beaufort Inn for two nights and found the room (room 14) to be gorgeous. It was like staying in a beautiful manner house. It had the biggest bathroom ever. I even texted pictures of it to our friends!!! The staff was fabulous and friendly. The best part was it is dog friendly. Its not too often that you get to stay somewhere so unique and fabulous while traveling with your dogs. I recommend it to anyone considering a stay in Beaufort, which by the way was pretty impressive itself!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Kent, Washington
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We really liked the Beaufort Inn. The location was excellent for site seeing and browsing around the town. The building is old but very well maintained and the beds were very comfortable and the rooms were decorated nice. We stayed in the Lodge which is about a block away from the main building and could accommodate 6 of us with lots of room to spare. We were somewhat awestruck by how large the room was in fact. It is also looks directly down onto the main street of town with lots of art galleries and fun shops right outside. The thing we all liked best was the breakfast. We all agreed that we had never had a better breakfast in any hotel ever - anywhere, it was the best ever! The people that we met that worked there were all very friendly and nice. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a group of people, the Lodge (room 40) is great. It has 3 individual bedr...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here based on Tripadvisor reviews and wanting to stay at a B&B. The inn is beautiful and well maintained. There are a few issues, but I am picky. We stayed in the Garden Cottages room 25 and loved it there. Breakfast was delicious and the chef and other staff so nice and friendly. The snacks at 5:00 were scones and jam but those were just okay. I think that could be better. The location to the waterfront, shopping and wonderful restaurants was convenient. One word of warning: The restaurant associated with the inn, Southern Graces, was closed July 1-4. This was disappointing. It seemed that on July 4 many restaurants and shops were closed as well. It seems that they cancelled the parade this year, which is a shame. We will return when in the area and look forward to future visits to the gorgeous property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple