“Exceptional charm!”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Singapore, Singapore
“Exceptional charm!”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

As a frequent global traveler, it was refreshing to experience the difference offered by the Beaufort Inn's Southern charm, homegrown hospitality and its simple but thoughtful delights. Friendly staff, good food, clean rooms with exceptionally quaint decor! No complaints...I will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
beaufortinn, General Manager at The Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2011
Dear BumiSaya, thank you for your wonderful comments. I am sure that, being a world traveler, your expectations are extremely high. We are honored by your loyalty, and look forward to welcoming you back to our sweet little town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Manhasset, New York
Reviewed May 16, 2011

the beaufort inn is a charming, yet elegant, historic house. i have stayed there many times with my husband, my girlfriend and by myself and have always had a lovely visit. the staff is very friendly, helpful and efficient. there is a variety of accommodations -- from a single room to king suites, many with a porch or veranda. you can stay in the main house or in one of the adjacent buildings. i have stayed in almost every building and honestly have no preference, although having a porch or veranda is very nice. the inn serves a hot breakfast and light afternoon snacks. this location is terrific, as the main street with shops, restaurants and a waterfront park is just a short walk away. beaufort is a charming, historic small town and should you decide to visit, i strongly recommend the beaufort inn. you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
beaufortinn, General Manager at The Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Dear RmR48, thank you so much for your kind words! We are happy you enjoy our porches and verandahs...what a great way to enjoy this beautiful Lowcountry weather. We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.
Yalaha, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Waht a hidden treasure. Loved everything about it. Service...location.....Such a friendly little town.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
beaufortinn, General Manager at The Beaufort Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Dear Taylorge, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at The Beaufort Inn with fellow travelers. Your kind words mean so much! We hope to welcome you back to our sweet little town very soon, and look forward to further serving you.
Lorain, Ohio
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I attended a family wedding held in April at Beaufort Inn. They have wonderful staff, beautiful accommodations, exceptional photographer, picture perfect setting for a wedding. They provided great attention to detail for an unforgettable day for the bride, groom, both families and guests.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathy 44053, thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with fellow travelers on Trip Advisor. We are so happy that you enjoyed the wedding! Our Tabby Gardens and Garden Courtyard are so beautiful this time of year. Beaufort is a great place for a destination wedding...we will host close to 50 this year. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We often come to Beaufort, but never had a chance to stay at Beaufort Inn. As you walk downtown you immediately notice this beautiful historic building. Well, inside it was even more charming then outside. It is a unique combination of charm, history and any modern amenities you can think of. The comfortable rooms, delicious breakfast and great room service we can highly recommend to anyone traveling to Beaufort.
Irina Ponomarev

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear alexmost, thank you so much for taking the time to share your Beaufort Inn visit with fellow travelers. We are happy you enjoyed your vacation! We are fortunate to be able to offer a variety of accommodations, including cozy rooms in the main Inn, expansive historic cottages, and large lofts and townhomes. We look forward to your next visit to our sweet little town!
Newbury Park, California
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I'm writing this at the behest of two of the very nice receptionist staff. I was told that it would take MY words, not theirs to make an impression on the management or owner.

I loved the rooms and decor. And, to MY eyes everything looked clean and in good shape. There were two complaints, and they both pertain to one of the four "garden cottage" rooms. They were both kind of minor, but, if you want to keep a "4 diamond" rating (in this case with the Auto Club), I think that these two complaints should not have been ALLOWED to occur.

1) Cleaning. The large and beautiful bathroom tile floor was only swept in what you might call the standard "traffic area" of the bathroom. My wife spilled some water from the tub, and when she mopped it up with the shower mat, she came up with wet dust and hairs. Of course, it wasn't visible until she had got down into it. It was at that time that my wife went ahead and ran her finger along a part of the baseboard and came up with more dust, day's worth. Like I said, it wasn't otherwise visible.

Included with "cleaning" is emptying ashtrays. Guests can only smoke out on the fantastic porch for the "Garden Cottages" (and our room had NOT been smoked in). However, the ashtray on the patio had been taken from the little porch table and put down on he floor. The cleaning staff had not looked hard enough for it. The office staff was upset and said that the porch ashtray WAS on their checklist, and that this same mistake HAD happened before. Yet, when I sat outside it was the very first thing I saw.

2) Maintenance. The porch door has a type of window shade that pulls up all the way to the top. The drawstring was broken. Alright, not a deal breaker. After all I blame the guests for being too rough, not the window shade.

Response by the staff?
I really liked the room, and so mentioned it to the receptionist on duty, not intending to leave the otherwise perfect room. But when the receptionist insisted we be upgraded to a cottage suite, I was flattered and not about to insist we be allowed to stay in the "Garden Cottage". The receptionist insisted that a 4 star hotel NEEDS guest input to keep their all-star record intact. In other words, the staff members in this case did their manager/owner a very great service.

At the end of our very nice stay, I was approached by a polite man (the innkeeper himself) about our "issues". I had nothing further to complain about. Keeping the cleaning staff on their toes is a GOOD thing, though the Beaufort Inn shouldn't have been "caught" lacking anything in the cleanliness department. The window shade, I told him, was no doubt the fault of some guest. That's when he wanted to go into more detail. It seems that he had been looking for a replacement, but nothing matched the rest of the window drapes, and if he just put up mis-matched window treatments, then the guests might complain about that?

OK, dealing with difficult guests is why I'm not a manager of a B&B! I leave it to you to decide what you want when you check into a pricey, but fantastic B&B. As for myself, I'd rather hear that something is broken before I open the door. And if the receptionist staff KNOWS about glitches in housekeeping, but believe that this review I'm writing has more impact coming from ME, rather from them, then I've done my part.

I liked The Beaufort Inn very much. I just want it to keep that 4 star rating!

1 Thank 433-Retired
Dear 433-Retired, thank you for staying with us. We understand you have many lodging choices, and are most appreciative of your feedback. I only wish we had the opportunity to address the issues you identified while you were our guest. Our guest rooms are inspected after housekeeping is finished cleaning. I am very sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations in this case. We hope to welcome you back to Beaufort in the future, and welcome the opportunity to further serve you.
Hamburg, New York
Reviewed May 5, 2011

My husband and I loved the Beaufort Inn. It was our first time to this lovely town. We were greeted even outside before we entered the Inn by two woman who just had lunch at the Inn and gave us their recommendation for the food. We felt if everyone was as friendly as these total strangers we were a winner. The Inn is beautiful, our room upstairs was quiet and perfect for a romantic evening. The Southern grace breakfast was absolutely delicious - my husband raved about the blueberry french toast. Vonna at the front desk was a great help in directions and we had a great conversation with her. We did not want to leave the Inn nor the town. There is so much history in both places. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Chloe027, thank you for staying with us at The Beaufort Inn! Your kind words mean so much to our team. We are delighted you enjoyed a romantic visit. Our accommodations, character and atmosphere lend itself to romance, don't you think? We think the sweet little town of Beaufort is truly a magical place, and are glad you agree. We look forward to welcoming you back.