“Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband, dog and I spent the weekend here this past weekend. The rooms were clean, there was plenty of parking, it is within walking distance to restaurants and a shopping center with grocery stores and is next to a very pretty park with lovely water views. The staff was very friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be coming back again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cassie S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stay here every time that I'm in Beaufort. The housekeeping staff is excellent. I've never had a dirty room. Linens are always clean, and the location is great. The only complaint I have about this stay is that I was roomed in #330. Right by the middle hallway that has some kind of metal plank going all the way down it. Every time someone walked on it, or housekeeping rolled a cart over it, it woke me up. Yes, some of us like to sleep late (at least until 0900). I normally get a room on the first floor, so that's never been a problem before. Made a late reservation this time, and it was a graduation weekend for Parris Island Marines, so I took what I could get. I've never had a problem with noise on the front or back side before.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mitch_Cheung, General Manager at Quality Inn at Town Center, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear ccnanny,
We are delighted that you stay with us when you are in Beaufort. I am looking into the noise issue you reported. Thank you for reporting this as it helps me to get things fixed. Please stop by and see me next time you are in town, I would like to meet you. We look forward to your next visit.
Julia Scheffsky
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I wold rate it 3.5 stars if it were possible. We visit Beaufort a few times each year, usually with our dog. This is the best pet-friendly hotel we have found. The staff is very helpful, the rooms are very clean and there is plenty of grass to walk the dog. Even with a pet it is reasonably priced, unlike some other hotels that charge half-again for the dog. Though nothing fancy, we find this a very comfortable place to stay. And if you eat breakfast at the attached restaurant, the Beaufort Benedict (on fried green tomatoes) is my favorite - its no longer on the menu but just ask and they will think you are local.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BobCors
Julia S, General Manager at Quality Inn at Town Center, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate the review given on Trip Advisor. My team and I work each and everyday to make your stay enjoyable. We enjoy our pet guest as well. We are looking forward to your next visit with us,
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My brother and I booked this budget hotel to visit a sick relative. We just wanted a clean place to sleep. The perks are a good location, a helpful staff, large rooms. Some of the down sides the rooms are not modern very few electrical outlets. The TV's are small, not real happy with heating. If you are there for a short visit it will be fine , long visit I would recommend a little more upscale.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Marylandtraveler1B,
We appreciate your comments. We are working daily to improve the hotel, this year already we have begun installing new carpet, have upgraded the internet and as we improve we hope that you will visit us again to see the improvements.

Looking forward to seeing you again,
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel was clean, the staff friendly, and the location excellent. I'm only giving it 4 stars because it did not have breakfast included. Now, it clearly state that it doesn't offer breakfast, but when I compare it to other Quality Inns, it falls short because of this. There is plenty of room next to the lobby to offer a breakfast bar, but apparently they choose not to offer the service. If you need a nice place to stay, this hotel will meet your needs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rblethun
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Our guests experience helps us to improve our service.
We look forward to your next visit with us. We do offer an on site restaurant that serves an excellent breakfast, Burlap is the name for the net time you are in town. Looking forward to your next visit.
Julia S.
South Carolina
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Front desk very personable and helpful. Room clean and no stale odors. Bathroom spotless. Close to anything you want to see and do in the area. All rooms open to the outside, but the area felt safe. Far enough off the street you don't hear road noise. Plenty of space to walk to the dog. One star knocked off d/t the "high speed internet" not very high speed at all, and for the fire alarm going off the first night with no one calling to tell us what was going on. Some idiot trying out the smoke detector in his room, I guess. The sleep was minimal the first night due to the cleanup from sprinklers, but not really the hotel's fault. All in all, a great stay at a great price and when you're looking for pet-friendly, that's hard to come by. Didn't try the on site restaurant. Heard it was good.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear JulesAtkinson,
Thank you for your response. I apologize for the fire alarm and the noise that evening. My team and I appreciate your feedback as it gives us ideas on how to make things better here. I hope you will come back to see us soon.
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I've read some bad reviews for this place.But we were very pleased! Location,price, decor, cleanliness, staff were all just great. No problems with internet. We stayed in Rm.117. For what others charge, I'd have to say this one has them beat! It's close to many restaurants also.Let me say my fav place was Steamers on Lady's Island. Do try the red rice. Seafood is great there! We plan on staying here again!

Room Tip: Try to get a first floor room on the front.