“Served Its Purpose”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Irmo, South Carolina
“Served Its Purpose”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I attended the Gullah Festival in Beaufort, South Carolina and I needed somewhere economical to rest my head for just one night. The Quality Inn was perfect for my purpose. The hotel staff was friendly. The building itself was kind of worn but clean. I stayed on the fourth floor. My motorcycle could easily be seen from my room on the fourth floor. I did not get in the swimming pool but there was a lot of pool goers enjoying the pool. I would imagine the swimming pool is above adequate.
Everything about the room was adequate for a one or two night stay at an Economical Hotel. The bathroom was small but it had plenty of Hot Water and everything worked well. The bed was fairly comfortable.
The location of the hotel was perfect! Plenty of restaurants to choose from off of Boundary Street. The Gullah Festival was approximately 1.6 miles down the road. Many attractions was within walking distance of the hotel.
The question is, "Would I stay at this hotel again?" The answer is "Yes"

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ed M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel is old and needs some upkeep. Rooms were satisfactory but nothing more. We were on the top floor and noise was not a problem. Location is good and convenient to Parris Island - if you're there for family day or graduation from Marines bootcamp. Desk staff was friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank WestgateRipoff
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights. The room was great,very large the king size bed was comfy. The ac worked great,the room was very clean, the tv was a nice flat screen, also had small fridge and a microwave.The manager Mr.Mitch Cheung runs a nice place. The staff is very nice and helpful, we will be back soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 416 it was so quiet. It was very nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sherry_Powers
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've stayed here several times and have never had any real problems. My room, and bed, has always been clean. The staff has always been friendly. Good location and have never had any issues with noise, or with "undesirables" hanging out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Teresa S
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Staff was very accommodating when we asked for a meeting room last minute and late checkout.
Room was clean. Had fridge, microwave, and coffee maker.
Price was about $50 cheaper than most other hotels in the area...
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Dawn K
Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed for our son's graduation. This hotel is close to Parris Island. The rooms are a bit dated but clean. Our pillows were in newer condition and the bed was pretty comfortable. We had plenty of hot water, clean towels and the heat in the room worked great. The staff is very friendly and made us feel welcome. There is a coffee pot in the room, which for me was a big plus. One negative was the ice machine on our floor was not working. We ate at the adjoining restaurant and the waitress was very good but in my opinion, it was overpriced for what they gave you. Overall this hotel is a good value for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I traveled here on orders for a week's worth of training and as a Marine I've seen/lived in worse conditions. However, I would like a decent hotel stay. This was of course the cheapest hotel my unit could find and you generally get what you pay for. I am currently (still two days left) in a non-smoking room, but that doesn't matter since the people in the room next to me frequently smoke on the catwalk and since my door doesn't close all of the way, I have the pleasure of inhaling second hand smoke. The lack of a fully secured door also allowed for my pet STINKBUG to enter and spend some quality on the ceiling over my bed. I see a dried blood stain on one of my pillow cases, and I assumed when I took the pillow off the bed the housekeepers would get the hint. Droplets of dried blood are also on my white comforter, but oh well. There was no iron in my room, which is not a big deal at all, but the big deal was when the attendant that night brought up this old beat up excuse for an iron that had rust and other build up in the steam holes. But it's just an iron. The most annoying part is the toilet will flush, but if you deposit anything substantial, uh hmm...it will most likely appear to flush and show up for a return visit the next time you go to use the toilet. When taking a shower the water begins to pool in the bathtub, so if you like to take a shower longer than 3 minutes you will end up "wading in the water". Dust, spider webs and the dead bugs within them adorn every corner of the room. If someone swept or vaccumed then they didn't do a great job of it. I would not recommend this place to anyone who enjoys a quality hotel stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to make sure all of the amenities in your room before you decide to go to bed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Beaufort hotels