“Wouldn't stay again.....”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Morrison, Tennessee
“Wouldn't stay again.....”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was looking for a hotel that had an average price and rating since we were only going to be there for a couple of nights for our son's graduation from bootcamp. Staff was very friendly and helpful; beds were clean (no bed bugs); bathroom was so-so. Beer cans laying around and not-so-honest-looking/acting guys hanging around the rooms which was not something our family wanted/expected. You have to pass the "fitness room" to get to the elevator and it was not like the picture. You could clearly see into the room and it did not look clean by any means. I did not/would not use it. I wouldn't stay again unless I was just passing through and needed a place to lay my head.

Room Tip: A good place to stay if you're just passing through and need a place to lay your head. I did not...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathy J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
ANDERSON
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay in Beaufort. We just needed a decent place to stay and did not expect much other than clean accommodations. If that is all you expect you may be satisfied with this hotel.

The person that greeted us, upon arrival, was not friendly and it felt as if she was doing us a favor to check us in. I did not plan to have much interaction with the front desk, so was not overly bothered by her lack of professionalism. When we checked out two days later, a different person at the desk, accepted the room key from me and checked me out and only said sign here please. No, how was your stay, thank you for staying with us nothing. I imagine that since their room rates are so low right now, they don't feel the need to be polite to guests.

We stayed on the third floor and our room was fairly clean. There was a spill stain on one chair and something white spilled down the side of the other. I just moved the chair to the corner and did both bother with it for the two days that we were there.
The bathroom and sheets looked very clean. The carpet looked clean as well.

The room had a slight musty smell but spraying a little air freshener helped with that.

The breezeway and steps leading up to the rooms could all us cleaning, the elevator on the far end of the property had dead flies and other bugs hanging in the overhead covering where the light fixtures are in the elevator. These are not major flaws and are things that can be overlooked for a short stay but I stayed at this hotel a few years ago and it was much cleaner then than it is now.
This hotel does not provide any type of continental breakfast, maybe more places are getting away from that, I don't know. I do know that the last time we were here they did provide a reasonably nice continental breakfast, so I sort of expected it and was a little disappointed. However, the fault was entirely mine I did not read anywhere that they offered that before my visit. It was just an assumption on my part. Don't expect more than a cup of coffee before you start your day.

Overall, the room was moderately clean, then staff was unfriendly bordering on being unprofessional, the hotel could use a good general cleaning but for a quick weekend getaway where you are not expecting much other than a reasonably priced place to stay, Quality Inn will do.
I would really recommend this place but it is okay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank M R
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Single mom coming to see son graduate from boot camp. Second son graduates a month later! Two trips from OHIO in TWO MONTHS on a budget! Was very grateful for clean and comfortable, no frills room at a GREAT RATE! Great location for Parris Island drive. EASY! THANKS!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank RRBdcs123
Rome, Italy
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I had read some very mixed reviews about this place, however, for about $60 a night what do people expect, a Four Seasons or something boutique! It's clean, basic, has a pool, good location to get downtown in a car in about 5 minutes, no breakfast on Mondays, so can't tell you about that. Fine for an overnight stop. Beaufort is cute, with a couple of nice places for coffee and something to eat downtown and a good breakfast can be had at Blackstone's Cafe.

Staff were helpful in a basic, polite, 'that's what their paid for' kind of way. Didn't hear any night noise. The room had a choice of coffee and even had Earl Grey tea!
Only one odd thing: a padded toilet seat... not sure why, but I found this strange, enexpected a bit disconcerting after 45 years of never having met one before!

Photos taken at time of check-in.

Room Tip: Had ground floor which others have said can be noisy, but I did not experience this.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank LNT66
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Quality Inn on Saturday night of the Beaufort Water Festival. Upon arriving in our room we noticed right away that the AC did not seem to be cooling. We reset the thermostat and headed out for dinner and to the festivities on the Waterfront. After returning about 2 1/2 to 3 hours later there was no change in the temperature in our room. When we contacted the front desk, the offered us another room, which we accepted but before we even moved our stuff again noticed the AC was not working, room 3 had a horrible smell of urine (and even the security guard said "I would not stay in here" and finally on room # 4 we decided to accept. They did not seem to care of we were comfortable or not. The rooms here are certainly due for an update and a service overhaul!!! This was our 2nd stay at this hotel and most certainly our last!! We should have spent the few extra dollars and stayed at the Hilton or Holiday Inn....next time we will. Never returning to the Quality Inn again!!!

Room Tip: Always remember....You Get What You Pay For and in this case we were the ones cheated!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blword
GMBeaufort, General Manager at Quality Inn at Town Center, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I certainly apologize about the problems you encountered with the a/c and in changing rooms.. Thanks for letting us know. Your problems have been passed to the entire team so we could discuss how we could have handled everything in a better way to lessen your problem. We are in the process of adding new tv,s in our rooms. We have completed about half of the rooms. Again, we apologize and thanks for choosing our hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Beaufort hotels

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have stayed here twice in the last month and had bad experiences both times.

First time there was a party in the next room that was going strong well after midnight. Several calls to the front desk produced no reduction in noise.

Second time was "water festival weekend", which I'm told is the busiest weekend of the year.
My room was not serviced by housekeeping on Saturday. Complained Sunday morning and was told it would be taken care of soon. It wasn't. The young lady at the front desk said she had no control over housekeeping.

This place needs better management. I won't be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank joe m
I certainly apologize for the problem you encountered with our housekeeping department. It will be researched and discussed. We offer no excuses for not doing our job except to apologize. However, we will try and figure out what happened so we will not do it again. Again, we apologize.
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for our Marines graduation. I usually do not complain about hotels but it was not very nice & there was a shooting at the hotel while we were there. We didn't even get that night free we got a "discounted rate" that WE had to ask for, which just so happened to be the most expensive night we stayed there. The staff said shootings normally do not occur at their hotel but it was horrible. We got no sleep due to gun shots, heard yelling & screaming, and then there were detectives outside of our door at 6am when the shooting happened at 2am.. they didn't even catch the guy. Ridiculous!!!!! oh yeah an they decided to call the rooms an tell us there was a shooting 3 hours after the fact.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Adri R
, General Manager at Quality Inn at Town Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
We do offer our most sincere apology. Problems like this are generally unheard of in a small town like Beaufort. Unfortunately, things like this can happen anywhere. The people involved were not guests of the Hotel. We have now added Security to help us keep nonguests out of our parking lots.We do not expect anything like this again and will do our best to make sure.