“Clean, comfortable and quiet”

Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed February 21, 2014

One of the nicer Hilton Garden Inns I've stayed at. Front desk was super friendly, room was clean and everything worked. LCD TV. Iron/board worked great. Room was quiet and bed was comfortable. Gym was small but had treadmills, free weights and such. Breakfast was good southern fare. Location is right across the parking lot is a Olive Garden and Red Lobster. You really can't ask for much more in a business hotel and you won't go wrong staying here. I won't hesitate to stay here again if I'm in town.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2014

Thank you for submitting a review for our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your comments about our hotel and are especially thankful you enjoyed our breakfast. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I recently stayed at the Garden Inn in Beaufort SC while there on business. Since I was there for almost 3 weeks I got to know the staff a little. Some of the reviews have been good others have been mixed that in my opinion come down to people just wanting an outlet to complain anonymously in stead of dealing with things in person. Maybe it's the world we live in now. I personally don't care for it, I'd rather deal with it face to face. As far as MY opinion of the Hilton Garden Inn, my 3 weeks stay was great. All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. They would literally bend over backwards to help any of us out (my party had almost 30 in it). We had many gatherings around the fireplace in the lobby and on Super Bowl Sunday they opened up one of the conference rooms so we could have more TVs and more room. Never asked for more money just asked that we clean up after ourselves. The front desk staff was very friendly at all times. The kitchen staff was fun and very friendly. The food was great and they would make anything we wanted if they had the ability. The male cook was his own person and very quiet but still friendly. The 2 females were great. They always greeted with a smile and on most occasions remembered what I had the previous morning so it was already on order after I sat down. The last morning we were there my group had to leave early (before breakfast was officially open) and the kitchen crew worked extra hard to take care of us before we left. Even had help from the front desk. In my opinion, this hotel and its staff went far beyond my expectations. I would stay here again any time I travel to Beaufort. Great job Garden Inn staff. Y'all are awesome!!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and comfortable! Anywhere in the hotel is great!!
3  Thank 54Marine1
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review of our hotel and staff. I will be sharing this with our entire team during our meeting as it is always good to have a "pat on the back" from a guest as a job well done. All of us here truly want to make the experience of our guest a remarkable one, so this is the greatest reward that we can receive..knowing we achieved that. We appreciate you choosing to stay here. Your entire group was a delight to have and we hope to be able to see you in the future. Thanks again on the behalf of our entire staff.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Trust me, after Las Vegas, Beaufort, South Carolina is a breath of fresh air like you cannot imagine! The weather wasn't great, with a major storm system bearing down on the area, but the towns charm and history simply cannot be denied. Finding a Hilton Garden Inn only a short drive away from the historic city center was a dream come true. The Hilton brand is as good and consistent as it gets, and they recommended terrific dinner and breakfast restaurant options while I was there. Great room, terrific help. And cross your fingers you will get to meet a very special employee named Damion, who is an ex-cop and native of Jamaica. This is a man is feels blessed to not just be in America, but working for such a great company, and his outlook on life will put a smile on your face, and in your heart. Companies like Hilton should be so lucky as to have such special people working for them!

Room Tip: Sweet talk that front desk girl. She'll take care of you ;)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Christopher C

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your comments about our hotel and staff. I will be sure to share your comments with Damion as I am sure he will be very appreciate. We thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope to have you as our guest in the future. Hopefully without the storm:)

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Recently stayed there for over 2 weeks. The front desk staff were great and friendly!! The rooms were nice and comfortable. The housekeeping was not so much, I found hairs on my towels on two of those days, sometimes my coffee was replaced, sometimes not, sometimes it appeared to have been vacuumed, sometimes not. The beds had an adjustable firmness however after changing the settings I noticed nothing different in the mattress, more of a gimmick rather then a truly adjustable mattress. Breakfast was okay, eggs to order was a nice touch. Over the period we had two cooks, one female, one male. The quality of food was consistently average, somewhat greasy but not sure that was their fault, perhaps its hilton's receipe decisions. The male had no customer service and had to be greeted in order to receive a bland "hello" back and always seemed as though he was upset at the world. The female was very hospitable, however, one morning after they must have received a negative review on either this or another site, I was surprised to listen to her protest about it to the guests (for over 15 minutes!) and then solicit my entire party to write a review of excellent and went so far as to give out cards and request we go onto the internet and put an excellent review in.... well, careful what you ask for, because that has prompted me to make this honest review, I found it unprofessional to solicit an excellent review, especially at breakfast, which by the way, the menu doesn't change, over two weeks and its literally the same choices each and every morning, since it was free and on par with what holiday inn or marriot provide may provide, I found it adequate. The location was nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. It was very disappointing to read your perception of your stay but I respect your thoughts and apologize. It was truly never the intention of the server to offend you in any way by offering cards with a website where you can post a review of your stay. We do this because many occasions, we have guests stopping by the front desk throughout their stay inquiring how they can fill out a survey. We have no control over who gets a survey but we do let guests know that they also may post a review on Trip Advisor. We never tell a guest only to give their thoughts is they are good. That certainly would not be fair. However, I feel that the server in question simply felt at home with your group as she had taken care of you throughout the duration of your stay. Many times, the staff opened the restaurant early just to accommodate you. I also think that perhaps the cook you referred to was quite misunderstood by you. He is a very quiet, humble man with a beautiful personality. I honestly havent ever heard from a guest that thought otherwise. I am very sorry that you felt he was angry and was unkind. Please know that was never his intention. I will share your concerns with the staff in question and address the issues that need to be focused on. I would like also to say that at any point you had any concerns with your guestroom, I can assure you they were dealt with promptly. Any type of cleanliness issue is not typical at our hotel. Our beds are not a gimmick but rather the particular bed that you occupied may have needed some type of adjusting. Had we been made aware of the issue, it would have benn corrected immediately. I am very sorry that for the 2-3 weeks you were here that this was your perception of our hotel and staff. We strive very hard to make our guests happy so when we do not, it is disappointing to our staff as well as the management team. Sure, we would love only excellent reviews but we would never request anything from a guest that was not their true and factual thoughts. You may want to consider that your group has thanked us and provided many compliments to the very staff that you are unhappy with so it may just have been that she offered an outlet to express their thanks. I do thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

After traveling through a freakish snow storm in North Carolina and constant rain once we crossed into South Carolina, we arrived at the Beaufort,
SC Hilton Garden Inn. My husband and I were frazzled and tired. The front desk staff were so welcoming and understanding, it was a relief. Our room was exactly what we had requested. We asked for a dinner recommendation and were given the name of a local restaurant, a local map and precise directions. (By the way, the restaurant was exceptional!)

After a peaceful night rest, we went down for breakfast. What a treat. Excellent, friendly service. Fresh coffee, vegetable scramble eggs and just the crispest bacon. Once again the staff were friendly and helpful. We asked the manager what would be an easy, interesting thing to do in Beaufort? It was raining hard, not the time to get out and sight see. She recommended driving around the Point section to see the beautiful houses, which we did and enjoyed. Also she gave us a recommendation for a place to have breakfast in St. Augustine which was our next destination.

This Beaufort Hilton Garden Inn was a joy, it really is a gem in the Hilton crown.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annaree153

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review for our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and staff and want to thank you for being our guest. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have you s our guest in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable of the area and events. If you are visiting a base for business or to see a loved one for boot camp graduation, you want this hotel! Front desk clerks are great, restaurant and bar staff can carry a friendly conversation and the cleaning staff will provide anything you need. Extra towels or to reschedule your room cleaning.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2014

Thank you for submitting a review for our hotel. We really appreciate your comments about our front desk agents, housekeeping staff and restaurant staff. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and are thankful you chose our hotel to stay at. We do hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed here several months ago and there were issues which we brought to the manager and staffs attention, so on our return trip to the area we thought things would have been taken care of, wrong. (It should be noted here the staff at this hotel are very friendly and seem to care)

The coffee is still like colored brown water with no flavor and no body and just barely warm. The bed was awful and we tried every setting on the dial and the breakfast was the same old greasy luke warm food that it was several months ago. The cooked to order was ok. Our waitress was great and was always willing to go the extra mile.

The room needs some attention to details especially around the shower. Overall we are done with this hotel and will not return. Seems as though Hilton is slipping when it comes to taking care of their properties.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marine-0311-Grunt
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. We thank you for your comments about our staff friendliness and willingness to go the extra mile. I am sorry that you were not happy with your breakfast and had trouble with the adjustable dial on your bed. It is unusual to have such issues with our coffee and breakfast so I was surprised to hear of this. I can assure you that we have taken steps to ensure that the coffee continues to be freshly brewed and that it has the flavor that our guests will appreciate. Since we will soon offer even more flavors of fresh, hot coffee such as Starbucks in our Pavilion Pantry, perhaps the more bold flavor will be more suitable to your taste. Through all of this, I am grateful that we were able to correct these issues before you left our hotel. As I stated while you were a guest here, I do apologize for your concerns and our goal is to always make our guest happy and make them feel as if this is their home away from home. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.