“Only Average”

Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed April 15, 2013

In town for a friends wedding. Decided to splurge and stay at the Hilton. The front desk staff were very nice and efficient. Got to the room and opened the door and the first thing we saw was a big black stain on the carpeting in front of the refrigerator. Could never decide if it was shoe polish or black mold. Opened the refrigerator and there was mold on the back wall and it smelled bad. Of course, when we reported it, we were immediately offered another room. We were running late, so we declined, but the offer was there and it was genuine. Our only complaint is that we were offered such a substandard room in the first place. The hotel and amenities themselves were very nice, but housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired. There were lots of fingerprints on the stainless steel elevator doors and walls and there were many places in the halls that could have used a good vacuuming. It was an average experience and something I would expect from a lesser chain. We did get a personal e-mail from the manager when we arrived home apologizing for the room condition. We would probably give this hotel a second chance the next time we are in town.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JTH-SC
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for submitting a review for our hotel. I also thank you for responding to my emails regarding the carpet stain. Immediately after you reported the issue, I did go and look at the stain to be sure of what it was and how to properly remove it. As you can imagine, there are many substances that can dropped or spilled onto carpet that can prove very difficult to remove. In this case, it appears to be some sort of black shoe polish or something similar. It definately was not mold as we do not have that issue in any of our guestrooms. I also inspected the refridgerator as well. This appeared to be the result of the room attendant not completely removing the cleaning product that we use on a daily basis to clean and disinfect our units. Again, this was not mold of any type. I certainly agree with you that you should not have been assigned to a guestroom with a carpet stain and this should have been reported to us immediately by housekeeping. We take great pride in our cleanliness standards for our guestrooms and I believe that the front desk agent most likely wanted to assign you to a different room so that you would not be inconvenienced in any way while we took care of the problem. I appreciate you letting me know and I thank for choosing us to stay with.
Tara Anderson

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Front desk could use some management training as there was no southern hospitality to be found there. Dinning room--at least for breakfast--was just the opposite--if anything too much. Hotel itself is a cookie cutter one just like any other Garden Inn. Shame on Hilton to be so bland in a town bathed in southern charm

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WineLover38
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. I thank you for your comments regarding our restaurant staff. I truly apologize for your experience with our front desk staff. This is certainly not typical of any of our employees and how we take care of our guests. I will be meeting with our front desk staff today and during this meeting, I will share your concerns. I would like to apologize to you once again for the lack of hospitality from our staff. I thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us in the future.

Tara Anderson

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

When I first arrived to check in, the front desk staff seemed very disorganized & did not greet me immediately. They were very nice when I finally got spoken to, though! Our room was clean but did smell slightly sour, but I find this in many hotel rooms so no big deal. Turning on the AC fixed this problem. The bed was comfortable (Hilton Garden Inn beds are my favorite!) & our view was nice. The complimentary toiletries in the bathroom are awesome! Restaurants are plentiful in the area, & the drive-in movie theater down the road is a must see. You can't beat Bath & Body Works & Neutrogena products. We opted out of the breakfast because we saw a Denny's on the way into town & wanted to eat there, but I have had HGI breakfast before & it is very good. I'm sure this hotel was no exception. Overall, I was pleased with my stay. We would definitely stop here again, especially since we always stay in Hilton hotels.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank adpi1851

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review . We appreciate your comments regarding our hotel, condiments and the area. I do however want to apologize that you were not greeted promptly upon arriving at our hotel. This is always our custom to greet our guests and provide them with excellent customer service. Typically our front desk is well organized and efficient. In this case I do not know why we appeared otherwise. However, I will share your concerns with the staff and address them to find how we can do differently the next time and be assured that this does not happen again. I thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope you get to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

No major issues here. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, TV had many stations, A/C worked and plenty of hot water. Stayed here two nights on a rewards stay (Hilton Honors). The only issues (very slight) was the walls seem a little thin. Folks next door kept TV loud until midnight or so, and I found it strange that unlike other Hilton Family Properties, it was never really acknowledged that I was an Honors member,except for the rewards stay. No two bottles of water, no invoice under door for speedy checkout. All in all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Hello,

Thank you for posting a review . I appreciate your comments regarding our hotel and thankful that you enjoyed your stay. I would like to thank you for being a Hilton Honors member and the loyalty to our brand. I am sorry that we did not properly acknowledge you upon check in as a valuable Hilton honors member. It is certainly our policy to do so and I would like to take the time to tell you that we appreciate you.. I have addressed this with our front desk staff to ensure that this is done in the future. I do thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was not greeted at the desk until the staff finished socializing with one another. When I got to my room the key did not open the door. After returning to the front desk the clerk realized that she wrote the wrong room number down on my key slip. Once inside my room it was discovered that there was a bug infestation in the bathroom. I was given another room that was supposedly an upgrade. This room had a sitting area with hardly any furniture in it. The furniture that was there had stains on it. The carpet war frayed and the tiles in the bathroom were coming off the walls. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank K S
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. I am very sorry that you left with such an impression of our hotel. I was very surprised to say the least with your concerns. I would like to apologize that you were not addressed immediately at check in. All of our guests are our top priority and we accept nothing less from our associates. We do also have suites here at our property and when you reference that you were upgraded because of the issue in your previous room, I am assuming that you were upgraded to one of them. Out of our 7 suites, we did not find any in the condition that you stated in your review. Cleanliness and condition of our guestrooms are very improtant to us. I would be grateful if you would be able to contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this and perhaps provide me additional information as to what room you were assigned to. I can assure you if any issues are found I will have them taken care of immediately. I thank you again for submitting a review and I also want to thank you for choosing us to stay with. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Well worth the cost; highly recommend to others, everything required was provided or close by. Room was very clean with plenty of space for more then a overnighter. Restaurant/Bar area had awesome staff and great food for the cost, basically I didn't have to leave once I arrived.

Room Tip: Seen nothing wrong with the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for submitting a review for our hotel. We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay and the comfort of your room. I will share your comments with our team; especially the restaurant and bar staff. Thank you for choosing us to stay with and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for my nephews graduation from Drill Instructor school on Parris Island. Great location to downtown and restaurants in walking distance! Also in walking distance, is a strip mall. Workers at the hotel were very friendly and helpful! Rooms clean and comfortable. Loved Beaufort, and would stay at this location again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for choosing our hotel to stay at . We hope to see you in the future and congrats to your nephew! We appreciate his service.