“Awsome Room”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Tuckasegee, North Carolina, United States
“Awsome Room”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had a awsome stay at the Hilton Garden inn in Beaufort south carolina, Great location. Breakfast in hotel was good, very clean rooms, the bed was just right,staff was awsome,they new of some local attraction.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel. We appreciate it greatly and look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed at the HGI recently for a business trip. I'd stayed at the Hampton Inn across the street previously and the HGI looked newer.

It's definitely more modern, which was nice, but personally, my room could have used a more thorough cleaning. There were body hairs on the bedspread (which they nicely swapped for me), the shower grout was moldy looking, and the hairdryer was covered in dust.

You're so close to downtown that I opted for breakfast at a local coffee shop instead of their breakfast (nice to have choices). Also, the hotel was convenient to Red Lobster (where I ate dinner), Jimmy John's, Moe's, plus Bi-Lo.

I'm in the area for business somewhat regularly, so I'll definitely try the HGI again next time. However, if the room offers a similar level of cleanliness, I might head back to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Megan T
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry for any inconveniences that you may have experienced while staying with us. We take great pride in our level of cleanliness here at our hotel so I do apologize that you had an issue with your guestroom. I can assure you that this has been addressed and is certainly not a regular occurance at our hotel. I thank you for choosing to stay with us and I do hope we get the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.
Glurch2891
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I try and stick to the franchise hotels that I have had good experiences with. After staying in the Hilton Garden Inn for business for quite a number of stays, I have yet to have a bad experience. The chain and this particular hotel might not have cutting edge amenities, but if you want a clean modern room with accommodating staff, then its a good bet. This stay was exactly as I expected, and the front desk staff were very friendly.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you letting us know that you enjoyed your stay. It is always nice to give the staff a "pat on the back" and I certainly will in this case. I thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future.
Ocean Pines
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our grandson was graduating from Parris Island Marine Boot Camp and we needed a place to stay. The Garden Inn was available and our brief stay was exceptional. The room was well equipped and the bathroom shower was excellent. The morning breakfast was excellent and we ate quickly and made it to the Recruit Center to join our family for the graduation. Beaufort is a an excellent site and we plan to return and maybe to this nice hotel. There are many excellent restaurants in the vicinity, The staff was accessible and helpfull.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

No complaints here. The staff were especially friendly. Tara at the front desk was very helpful. Breakfast service was quick and good was always well stocked.

I never had a problem with noise in my room and slept great. There is ample parking and a handful of restaurants that you can walk to if you don't feel like going into historic Beaufort.

The fitness center was larger than at most hotels and equipment was in good shape. There was always a free machine, never crowded.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel met our expectations, clean and quiet, front desk staff were not friendly and were eating behind the desk, not professional!! It was not easy to locate without a GPS, Hotel was behind restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Millie G
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are very thankful that we met your expectations during your stay here. However, I do apologize for your concerns with our front desk agent. I must tell you that we do not allow any eating of any sort at our front desk so I am very surprised to say the least. I will address your concerns and I certainly hope you enjoyed your stay in Beaufort. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to see you in the future.

Best Regards,
Tara Anderson
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hotel is in good condition on the outside, could use a little maintenance on the inside. Overall rooms and common areas were very clean with all items in working order. Saw several rooms with large gaps at the base of the door and could hear all that was going in the rooms.

Breakfast was fair, couldn't locate the chef for long periods of time to place and order and the staff seemed to be a little in disarray. Not your normal HGI experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AIFL
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for our hotel and most importantly thank you for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate you commenting on the good condition of our hotel. However, I will address the areas in which you had some concerns with our management staff. Again, I thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you in the future.
Tara Anderson