“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Aurora, Colorado
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a nice suite on the top floor with 1 1/2 baths, a small kitchen area, living room with fold out couch, desk and chairs, as well as a tv. The bedroom itself had 2 very nice beds with adjusting dials to change the mattress support. The main bathroom was very large with a shower stall and separate jetted tub. The rooms were clean and the Bath and Body Works shower supplies were a nice surprise. The only thing I didn't care for was the buffet breakfast we had the first morning. The selection was nice but the eggs were not good at all. Those are ordered and then brought to your table. Two of us had scrambled eggs and they were drenched in so much butter my stomach actually hurt after eating them. One of us had the vegetable omelet and that came out cooked just perfectly without sitting in a plate of butter. Wish I had ordered that. It didn't seem worth the price so we ate elsewhere the next morning. Other than the breakfast everything else was great. The location is good and it's easy to find.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We arrived during the weekly rush of Marine Corps graduation and this was the only place we could find a room. The staff were pleasant at all times during our 5 night stay. Although, I asked to not be near the vending machine and when we went to the room, the ice machine was right across the hall. The room was exceptionally clean in comparison to the other hotel rooms in Beaufort we looked at during our stay. We left valuables in the room and nothing was taken. I will say the hotel was a bit pricey, but since it was the only really clean place to stay, we were willing to pay for it. It has a microwave and mini fridge were helpful for a longer stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Nice hotel, located in a nice spot and everything seemed new and modern. My one complaint about this place is I wanted to use the business/meeting room for 2 hours and they wouldn't let us use it even while it sat empty. Give me a break, if I'm staying in the hotel and nobody is using it I should be able to use it, very disappointed they couldn't *open a door* for us. I would honestly not stay at a location again where they couldn't do that for me.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Anthony T
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed stayed at the HGI in Beaufort and loved our stay. It is the best nights sleep I have ever experienced in a hotel. The beds have adjustable setting for your firmness like a sleep number bed. I adjusted it a bit firmer than my bed at home and woke up feeling like a champ. It was recently voted Best Hotel in Beaufort and I can see why. It sits directly behind an Olive Garden and Red Lobster Hybrid restaurant. The staff was on top of things and gave great service. I look forward to returning next time I am in Beaufort.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John B
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Our room exceeded our expectations. It was nicely appointed and clean. The staff was very friendly and the location was good. There is a Red Lobster and Olive Garden in the adjacent parking lot and an Outback next door. The only negative for us was that they do not offer a complimentary breakfast. The bathroom had a large shower but no tub, but this was not an issue for us. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Upon check-in there was a large dark stain on the carpet which was promptly addressed after our call. It went downhill from there: no soda nor water in the vending machines, room refrigerator not keeping our cold drinks cold, room not cleaned till 2:30 pm on second day, no laundry detergent in their understocked pantry, huge Wolf spider hiding in lint on laundry room floor, three staff members standing in the middle of the buffet area eating off a shared plate, soggy pool towels from the night before in the first floor bathroom, common areas not very clean. Little things that by themselves we would have dismissed, but when put all together just not what you'd expect from a Hilton. Pleasant staff and the room furnishings were nice, but we just would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nancy T
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that you experienced so many issues during your stay and I wanted to assure you that not only is this not typical at our hotel, each incident has been addressed. I have used your review as a training tool during our weekly staff meeting and I appreciate you taking the time to let me know of your concerns.
greenville sc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel 10-20 times over the past year, but when I was chased to the elevator by a housekeeper, I decided it was time to review.

This HGI has the best fitness center of any HGI I have been (app. 10 in SC, GA, AL). It has dumbells up to 50lbs, 4 treadmills, and other cardio equipment. It is also very spacious if you desire to bring a workout DVD like I do.

Another perk of this hotel is the channel selection in the rooms. The hotel appears to use a local cable carrier that features a huge amount of channels and many in HD. Please play with the cable box (not the TV) settings if the picture appears to run off the LCD screen.

The reason i was chased to the elevator? Well, I committed a business traveler's sin. I left the smart phone charger in the room. Not to fear though... the housekeeper found it, chased me to the elevator, and gave it to me as the elevator door closed. What service!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business