“Mouthwatering Chocolate Indulgence”

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Mouthwatering Chocolate Indulgence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

The wonderful chocolate aroma hits you squarely in the face as you open the door. You just want to close your eyes and inhale. We walked to the shop from the waterfront on a beautiful day. We made our favorite selections from the tasty treats in the glass cases. I tried several dark chocolate cherries, dark chocolate marshmallow, and dark chocolate coconut. They were all fabulous. I wanted to savor them slowly, but in the end, I ate them all. My husband left with a bag of english toffee and only gave me one. It was very good. He raved on about the english toffee.

We also got a small container of peanut butter fudge. It was not good at all. We did not eat it. Definitely stick with the chocolate - after all, it's the Chocolate Tree!

Visited January 2012

Port Royal, South Carolina
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Chocolatessssssssssss says Forrest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is where his chocolates came from in the movie Forrest Gump. The aromas gets your mouth watering even from the parking lot. All kinds of chocolates, goodies covered with chocolate and can even buy there to make your own candies.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank earthauburnred
Asheville, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Some products are wonderful; others lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

The prices are what I'd expect in a touristy town. It's a bit pricey, but buying chocolate is a worthwhile vacation indulgence.

I did not care for their chocolate fudge. It wasn't creamy and tasted a bit too bitter and granular for my taste.

But I loved the coconut clusters, tiger paws (otherwise known as a turtle with chewy caramel), and peanut butter cups--the peanut butter is VERY creamy!

Visited January 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
“poor quality over rated over priced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Beaufort is a beautiful old town to visit but stay away from The Chocolate Tree candy store. The quality is poor for what they charge. We bought over $60.00 worth and I can honestly say that we did not enjoy any of it. We have a wonderful chocolate store in our home town of Daytona Beach called Angell and Phelps and they charge about the same as The Chocolate Tree but the quality is so much better.

Visited November 2011
DeBary, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“THE BEST EASTER BUNNY SELECTION EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

With EASTER right around the corner, what a delight to have visited this shop. We purchased at least 10 chocolate BUNNIES,large & small for our family back in Florida. My husband thought I was nuts for carrying it all back in our carryon luggage, but if you could have heard the accolades from all...wow. The shop was filled with that delicious aroma and we were not disappointed...no pre-boxed stuff here! Made in the USA!!! A M-U-S-T stop for anyone in Beaufort or near-by. Its the shop that FORREST GUMP bought his "box of chocolate" at! Gotta go!!

Visited March 2011