“Small but food is great!”
Review of Yes, Thai Indeed - MOVED

Yes, Thai Indeed
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small but food is great!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

The resturant is a little small but the food makes up for it! It's the best Thai I have had with its fresh ingredients and attention to detail. The service is nice, very sweet, a little slow when busy but we didn't mind because how genuine they were to take care of us! Love this place!

Saint Helena Island, South Carolina
“Best Thai”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Of the local Thai restaurants, I find this one and Amata Thai the best.
Food is what I expect after having eaten lots of Thai in the DC area.
Shrimp dumplings are a winner at Yes, Thai, and the Coconut Shrimp (both appetizers) at Amata. Mostly I order from the curry menu and have never been disappointed when I stick with the chicken and shrimp........when I tried beef.....it was not as tender as I would like. Also, have enjoyed the fish specials at dinner. I like heat and find their seasoning "spot on"

Visited January 2013
Ridgeland, South Carolina
“We love it....”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is the place for Thai in Beaufort. We are fom out of town, but always look forward to eating here because the food is always fresh and delicious. We enjoy the friendly staff and the owner is almost always on the premises and if not in the kitchen is out chatting with the patrons. You will love the atmosphere and the food..

• Visited January 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
“Seriously people!! This is NOT the best Thai food!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I've been to this place twice in the past couple of years. My in-laws live in the area but we're based up in DC metro area. And I'm originally from Thailand. To be fair this is Beaufort, SC, so I really don't have any expectations about Thai food in this part of the country. It's Americanized Thai food .... certainly not authentic by any standard. Could I eat the food? Yes. And compared to McDs or Wendy's or most any American chain restaurants, it's still WAY better food. Let's face it, even bad Thai food can still be better "food" period! So, it depends what you're comparing it to. After 4 straight days of eating Christmas dinner and it's leftovers, the Thai food in this place tasted pretty darn good!! But maybe if I've just spent a month back in the homeland eating the real deal then this would probably be subpar.

I ordered a "Thai Salad" -- which btw does not exist in Thailand, Crispy Wontons (the kids ate it all up so I didn't get to try), Shrimp Pad Phrik Khing w/ Asparagus instead of string beans (OK -- had the most amount of heat of any other dishes we ordered), and Grouper Lad Phrik (the "chilli" sauce was so sweet and I don't know where all the chillis went). My in-laws ordered Pad Thai (I tried a bit and it was SOOO sweet) and Steamed Rock Fish w/ veggies (did not try).

• Visited December 2012
YesThaiIndeed, General Manager at Yes, Thai Indeed, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
First of all, we would like thank your in-laws for bringing you and your family to our restaurant, we also would like to thank you for your review. We must apologize for your unpleasant experience here, though we're glad that at least we're better than the fast food chain restaurants in your opinion.
As for the comment on the "Thai Salad", we have to disagree with you in the existence of this dish. In Thailand, the country where we were born and raised in, have a dish call "Salad Kak" or in Thai สลัดแขก which is very common over there.
In the future when you have a chance to come visit your in-laws again, we suggest for you to cook for them, so they could have a chance to taste the authentic Thai cuisine in this part of the country.
New York City, New York
“Great place”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

amazing food! Love the atmosphere. It makes me feel as if I am really in Thailand. The owners are sooooooo nice. Makes you feel like your apart of the family!

Visited November 2012