“Hidden Charm”

Good for: Families with children
Sunderland, Maryland
“Hidden Charm”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

During a recent visit to South Carolina searching for possible retirement towns, my wife and I happened onto Neighbors Cafe in Batesburg, SC. It was a nice enough place to have a quite meal but, it was a little pricy for it's location. The food was hot and served in a reasonable time. The staff wasn't over frinedly but, weren't rude either. I guess they don't get many out of town visitors.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Tndist

Batesburg, South Carolina
“Great hometown place”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

They always know my name and my familys names, we know all the servers and the owners. they are great people and the food is amazing, lunches tuesday- friday are on a special board with 1 meat and 2 veggies, bread and drink. you can also order from the menue. at night on these days you sit down and your order is taken. closed on mondays and saturdays. sundays are a special menue and a kids menu. we visit a few times a week and have spent many special occasions here. for my last birthday my husband arranged with the local florest to deliver flowers here and then when we sat down the owner (debbie) brought them over.

Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Get past the odd, and it's great!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Located in the old downtown of Batesburg, but 1 block east off the highway through town, and next to the railroad tracks. Check out the menu, including today's daily specials and meat-and-two blueplate special options. Then walk back to the counter in the rear, place your order and pay, then go find a table and wait for your food. (A sign would help new visitors.) Get past that, though, and it's terrific! Service is very friendly. The menu is broad, well beyond the meat-and-two, with even more for dinner. My party of 5--with 4 newbies--ordered 5 different dishes and cleared our ample servings. The room is wonderful--high tin ceiling, Italian liqueur posters and local art on the walls. If I lived anywheer nearly, I'd go there regularly, and it would be a long while before I ran out of great new dishes to try. If you find yourself south of Columbia on I-20, plan to stop here.

• Visited July 2012
Leesville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food great and service small town friendly”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Everything from soups to desserts, sandwiches and salads, pizza to gourmet and all with a homey small town feeling. Food is great and prices are reasonable. Service is friendly. Worth the visit for a good meal.

• Visited October 2011