“Enjoyed it so much we stayed an extra night”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Villa

The Villa
Ranked #2 of 10 Westerly B&B and Inns
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Enjoyed it so much we stayed an extra night”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband and I were plannning a one night getaway for our anniversary. The Blue Grotto room at the Villa looked like the perfect choice with the in room jacuzzi, large shower, fireplace and only a two hour drive.
When we arrived Michael gave us a tour and took the time to show us how to use the controls on the lighting, jacuzzi and fireplace.
The unexpected amenities were great. Candles, bath salts, DVD library, complimentary cordials and cold beverages to name a few. The option to have a delicious breakfast brought to the room was the best.
After breakfast we decided to stay a second night and enjoy another evening at the Villa.
When we go back, and we will, I will go prepared to also make use of the outdoor jacizzi and pool.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank teresa n

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
NY
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and I made a last minute, one night, off season/fall reservation here following an earlier than planned departure from a horrendous inn on Block Island. I regret that I didn't listen to my mother's advice before booking our four day trip to RI, as she had recommended Westerly and the Villa for our anniversary celebration. Lucky for us, the Villa had a cancellation and we booked the "Tuscany" room for the night of our anniversary. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by Barbara, the lovely, interesting, and gracious owner. She gave good advice about area restaurants and we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Guytano's. Our room was spacious, comfortable, immaculate, and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was updated, with a large, tiled shower. I usually shy away from jacuzzis in most hotel rooms due to concern about cleanliness, but had no reservation about enjoying the jacuzzi in this room. The inn and property grounds show great attention to detail, with amenities galore. For example, the evening cordials and pastries are a nice touch. We were given a couple options for breakfast and selected eggs benedict & asparagus, fruit salad, coffee, and juice. Everything was freshly prepared and delicious. We ate in the main dining room, but were also given the option of room service or patio dining. Many B&B's throughout the northeast inspire claustrophobia, or a Victorian inspired, rooming with grandma feeling, but this place felt more like an elegant Palm Springs resort. I usually prefer staying on the beach when I visit ocean areas, but will stay at Villa when I return to Westerly. The inn is a short drive to the area beaches and restaurants, 15 minutes to Mystic, and 35 minutes to Newport. We enjoyed all three of these destinations during our trip here. Can't wait to return to Westerly and the Villa in the summer. Many thanks to Barbara and the Villa for saving what was left of our long weekend, anniversary celebration. We returned to NY feeling happy and refreshed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank talula09
Albany
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I went here for our 25th wedding anniversary. We usually don't go to B&B's but I wanted something special.....and I FOUND it !! This place is magnificent. Comfy, friendly, gourmet breakfast, beautiful grounds, gorgeous room. My husband asked if I wanted to come back and I said, NO. I want to LIVE here!! Beautiful.

Room Tip: You should check the site before reserving. Some of the rooms have a private entrance which is nice...
1 Thank sfrisino
Ambler, PA
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Breakfast was delightful and delicious! Everyone was friendly and courteous. I recommend this B&B.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The Villa is a lovely and meticulously maintained inn with gracious hosts and friendly staff. The attention to a myriad of details was very much appreciated and we enjoyed a relaxing visit. The breakfasts were fabulous and we enjoyed ours by the pool each sunny morning.
Barbara was very helpful with suggestions for dining as well as browsing around the area.
We were quite impressed with the Villa and would happily return.

1 Thank eileen_bogle
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed August 1, 2011

A couple of years ago a good friend raved about The Villa, so when I was invited to attend a wedding in next-door Watch Hill, I knew where I was going to stay. And I could not have been more pleased.

Location: A stone's throw from the ocean and minutes to Watch Hill.

The Room: Larger than you would expect to find in the classic New England B&B--especially those near the beach. Tastefully appointed. Clean and comfortable. And the jacuzzi and huge walk-in shower came as big surprises. Pleasant surprises. Then there were the little things like having an iron in the room, a real blowdryer (not the mini-kind) and a fridge that all scored big points with me.

The Setting: One doesn't necessarily think "Mediterranean" when visiting the sea-side towns of New England, but The Villa makes it work. The tiled roofs, the exquisite gardens and dining pool-side all combined to make me feel as though I'd needed my passport to be relaxing at a European boutique hotel.

The Hosts: Barbara and Michael were welcoming, attentive and just the right amount of low-key. They gave us some great suggestions for dining and directions to everywhere! Speaking of dining, the breakfasts were outstanding. I "forgot" my diet for two mornings and had no regrets!!

Overall, a wonderful place to stay. Mille grazie.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beachcat19
Edgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our room was one of the most expensive in the Villa. Things were not well maintained. Everything we touched fell off in our hands. The room was dark and dreary. The grounds, however, were pretty and well maintained. The staff was friendly. For the price we expected a better room. The bed was not comfortable and needs to be replaced.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
thevillaatwesterly, Owner at The Villa, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate comments as they may all of be of use to us in increasing our excellence. The matters you addressed have been immediately rectified. However, the nature of that room is true to the authentic quality of its replication of a particular spot in Italy. Had we known its character did not suit you, we would have endeavored to move you to another room more acceptable to your tastes. As small business owners, we understand the importanceof attending to every detail, and despite vigilance, we may occasionally fall short of our own expectations. It is by the gracious communication of our guests that we are able to refine our hospitatlity. Please try us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerly
Pleasant View Inn
#4 of 13 in Mystic
Misquamicut Beach Front Inn
Misquamicut Beach Front Inn
#3 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to The Villa? Share your experiences!