“Exceptional Thai food tucked away in Westerly.”
Review of corner thai cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
corner thai cafe
Ranked #13 of 140 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: Thai
Westerly, RI
“Exceptional Thai food tucked away in Westerly.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We live in Westerly and have seen a couple of places come and go in this location, which is not on the main drag. We are hoping that this gem of a Thai restaurant is here to stay because it very good. We went initially on the recommendation of a friend, and have returned several times for takeout. We have had several different dishes, including a vegetarian soup and a variety of noodle dishes, and have been delighted with everything. Everything they do, from the understated decor of this tiny place to lining the takeout containers with foil to prevent leaks, is a subtle reminder of the way they seem to take the extra step. It's evident in the cooking as well. I don't know enough about Thai cooking to describe the difference, but I have eaten a fair amount of it over the years and this is as good as I can remember. I hope that others will join with me to keep this place thriving in Westerly.

• Visited April 2014

Annapolis, Maryland
“One of the best Thai places I have ever been to.”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Fantastic Thai! I have traveled all over the world and have had Thai food every where. This place by far is one of the best authentic Thai restaurants I have ever ate at.

• Visited April 2014
Westerly, Rhode Island
“The best meal out possibly ever”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and i have been here twice recently. We have both been blown away both times. The owner "Two" and her chef have created an amazing experience in a tiny space. Never having been to Thailand, I can only hope that the food there would be as amazing as this. The regular clientele we have met there are as addicted as we now are, and there is an overall happy and friendly atmosphere. The curry, pad thai, duck, soups, and apps have literally been some of the best I've ever had in a resaturant. Honestly !!! Try it. you wont go wrong !

• Visited February 2014
rhode island
“Undiscovered Jewel”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I heard there was a new Thai restaurant in town a few months ago, we didn't get out until a couple of weeks ago to try it. What a surprise, Tucked away in a corner of a small street mall with only 6 or 7 tables we came across a wonderful Thai restaurant. The two other couples that were there gave us hints on their favorites items so we tried a few that night. Thai chicken wings, wonderfully fried lightly spicy and delicious, Thai crunchy egg roll, very good. I had the Pad Thai with chicken and it was possibly the best pad Thai I have had anywhere in the northeast. My husband had the Drunken Noodles they were equally delicious. Since then we have been back each week, we see the same couples each time and try to nibble new items each night. Its difficult because we love everything we try. So far nothing has disappointed us including Roti, Calamari, Crispy Duck, Tom yun soup, Curry fried rice with chicken, and many more. Tu the waitress is wonderful with her suggestions and service. The restaurant does not have a liquor license so we bring our own bottle of wine, which I love. Please try this restaurant you will not be disappointed!

• Visited February 2014