“Great Pizza”

Ranked #88 of 140 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: Pizza
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great food, fast service. Nice clean place. Prices are reasonable. Best pizza in town. Will definetly be going back.

Visited December 2012

“Love the pizza and service!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Restaurant is small but the pizza is worth the wait. Kim and staff are so friendly and pleasant, makes going there fun. Fish and chips here are great too, and huge servings.

Westerly
“Seriously?”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

First time dining at Mario's. I was expecting great food, since I had heard the steak and cheese grinder was good. We ordered the antipasto to start, here's what we got: chopped room-temperature iceberg lettuce in a bowl with two slices of tomato, four flavorless pepperoncinis, some cooked salami which tasted like bologna and definitely didn't look fresh, and a few slices of provolone cheese (which incidentally wasn't terrible). Did I mention that this was $10.50? For lunch, my friend ordered the chicken parmesan, hoping to try some authentic Italian marinara. What he received was two small, overcooked chicken cutlets that tasted like old french fry grease. It had a good portion of pasta on the side, but the sauce tasted like it was dumped right out of a can and heated up. I ordered the "Steak and cheese grinder," and the vapid but nice waitress asked if I wanted it toasted? I'm not sure what that means--(I come from the Philadelphia area, and am used to cheese-steaks)--but I said toasted. What came out was surprising, to say the least: a dry, burnt roll with what appeared to be ground sausage with a glob of tasteless cheese on top. Awful.

What is most surprising to me was that even the garlic bread was bad. How can one possibly screw up garlic bread? It was absolutely tasteless, unless you account for the burnt flavor, and I am still not entirely sure how this was accomplished. This food is awful, and it is clear that the owners of this business do not care. This place is tucked away from the beaten path, and if it wasn't for the friendly waitress, I could confidently say that I will never darken the doorstep of Mario's again. Although, everyone deserves a second chance, no?

To sum up: a salad, a burnt, greasy chicken cutlet, sub-par cheese-steak, diet coke and a water = $40.00? Awesome Mario's experience = Priceless. Do owners ever taste what they serve?

Visited June 2012
2 Thank David P
east greenwich, rhode island
“the waitress needs help with customer service but the pizza was delicious”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stumbled upon this restaurant while driving through Westerly. We were the only people in the restaurant and seated ourselves. This seemed to confuse the waitress when she finally came to our table. She was young and obviously very inexperienced. When she came to take our order, we asked her for directions and she seemed completely flummoxed and never actually followed through on asking her fellow coworkers. She also seemed quite taken aback that we asked for bread to dip in the extra sauce....don't think I have ever been to a pizzeria that doesn't have any bread (how do they make grinders?)! Anyway, the 10" pizza arrived and I must say that the pizza was amongst the best I have had, outside of NYC. I would have given the restaurant a very good rating, however, the experience with the waitress was poor. While watching her at another table, the person asked for a beer, and her response was "are you going to order food?". She hovered around his table until he did order, something I found quite humorous. Go for the pizza, not for directions or bread!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank dermgoddess
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“pizza and grinders are good”
Reviewed February 3, 2008

pizza and grinders are good

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook