“Bad experience”

Shelter Harbor Inn
Ranked #108 of 144 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Historic Shelter Harbor Inn was originally a 200 acre farm built around 1810. In 1911, the farmstead was purchased by a musician and established as a colony for musicians called Musiccolony. Over the years the farmhouse, barn & carriage house gradually transitioned into what is now a charming New England inn located in a serene setting of beautiful gardens and stone walls. The 24 guest room inn and restaurant offers comfort, relaxation, and good food in a warm and inviting atmosphere and is only minutes from local area attractions and our private beach in Weekapaug. Using only the freshest of season ingredients and a variety of cuisines, our chefs take pride in creating the inn's menus. The restored farmhouse boasts a tavern with a full service bar, several dining areas with fireplaces, a cozy library, private rooms, patios, and decks. Guests may enjoy good food and drink whether sitting by a fire, dining outside, or lounging by the rooftop hot tub.
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Had a horrible meal there after years of great visits... We visited Shelter harbor Inn once a year or more. The food was getting progressively simpler and uneventful every year. This last visit the food was really BAD. From salad to entree that tested like defrosted, frost bitten chicken to creme brulee that was thik, consistency of a hard boiled egg white and horrible. It breaks my heart to give this bad review, but someone needs to fix this.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Ate in the bar. There was us and one other table of 4 in there. We ordered drinks from our server. Bartender made them and put them on the bar. We waited 15 minutes for our server to return and deliver them to the table. Mind you, the bartender could have taken the 5 steps to our table. Thanks for the extra effort. Whatever.

My food was good. My spouses food was not. He also ordered soup, which was cold.

Just an overall poor experience. Sub par food and horrendous and slow service. Go someplace else.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family had a group of family and friends over for a celebratory afternoon at the restaurant. The accommodations and service were amazing. The food was fantastic, and the grounds are just beautiful. Great family oriented atmosphere. Highly recommend.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I were married here and we return to this great little inn for dinner often. I have tried everything on the menu and it is all wonderful.....from the little breads served before dinner to the fabulous desserts. I think my favorite entree is the Hazelnut Chicken, although the Seafood Puff Pastry is also spectacular. I would also recommend their breakfast and lunch.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have stayed here before and am going back again next week. The atmosphere is quaint casual sophistication. Such a charming place and beautiful when all the flowers are in bloom. The restaurant is spectacular. Wish I was in the ares more often.