“Not Close to the Normal Quality of Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Venice Restaurant

Venice Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Venice Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 138 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Via Roma
RI, USA
“Not Close to the Normal Quality of Food”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have dined at Venice on several occasions this summer and the service and food has been very good. Tonight all that changed. The wait for dinner tonight was extremely long but we knew that due to the large crowd and the big band downstairs; however, the food was NOT good. It was bland and tasteless. We knew something was different and the waitress explained that they have a new chef (about a week). Not sure how often I will return unless the old chef (Raphael ??) returns.

• Visited August 2013
NDWRI, Guest Relations Manager at Venice Restaurant, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I want to apologize for your recent experiece at our restaurant. Our restaurant prides itself on providing our guests with high quality food and service. We want you to know that we will take whatever steps necessary to ensure this does not happen again in the future.

Groton, Connecticut
“Found and Never Lost”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I took my wife to Venice for our 11th wedding anniversary. I did a little research found many good/great reviews around the web. We had made reservations for the restaurant, but ended up in the Sky Bar on the upper level (by choice) with a great view of Misquamicut Beach. It was quiet and very clean. The upper level is a very different dining experience from the second level. The second level is darker, but well furnished. It looks as a fine Italian restaurant should.
The menu was not huge, but just right and easy to make a decision. We ended up sharing a bottle of Clos Du Bois Cabernet and stuffing ourselves on very well prepared appetizers. (Tapas style)
The cherry stones on the half were very fresh, cold and sweet. The Clams Casino, Crab Cake, and Tuna Tar Tar were out of this world. Then there was the caesar salad. One of the best I have had in a long time. I did all I could do to fight licking the plate.
Our server was a very kind and polite young lady (I cannot remember her name and it will haunt me until my wife go back for a follow up!) Even though her immediate family had shown up and sat directly next to us, our service was impeccable and professional - we wanted for nothing. Not what I expected to happen.
If you are on the fence about a nice quiet dinner location, I highly recommend Venice.

On a side note, while we were enjoying our view of the Atlantic a quick storm blew by and left us with a rainbow. A perfect setting for the love of my life and I that evening.

• Visited July 2013
We are glad that you had a great experience at Venice Restaurant. We hope that you will return again soon. Thank you.
Syracuse, NY
“Average Italian Food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We recently went to Venice Restaurant at the recommendation of family members who had been there in the past. Our server was very friendly and nice but the service was a bit slow and the food was only average. Two of our diners had the pappardelle which was rather dry and plain. We were a bit disappointed in the meal although it was certainly not a bad place to dine.

Visited July 2013
NDWRI, Public Relations Manager at Venice Restaurant, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for dining at Venice Restaurant. We have addressed the issue you had with the house made pappardelle pasta dish and would like to welcome you back to Venice.
Cortlandt Manor, New York
“A favorite of locals and visitors”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great choice, especially when staying at the Winnepaug Inn which we highly recommend. Terrific food and service and a choice of bar, dining room or sports bar.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Italian seafood done well”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Here's what I like about this place: the menu is seafood and Italian, and they do both really well. I live in New York City so I'm used to precious, trendy, and unusual, but I'm not looking for that when i go out to eat out of town. The Venice has lots of seating, it's comfortable and pretty, and the service is good--they don't bat an eye when you walk in with a large party with small children. They don't care at all if you order a side of pasta for one of the children and one of the party orders the less-expensive dish, that sort of thing. I had the fried clam bellies and they were delicious and perfectly fried. Everything everyone had was good. The salads and the wine were all good quality. I'm plan on coming here again the next time I'm in the area.